Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 03:27 PM

Default NY RANGERS

Maybe I am missing something but why would the rangers start weekes instead of henrik. Yeah Weekes had a good game on thursday but come on. I was at the game aginst NJ and ATL earlier this season and the fans love Henrik. Weekes hasn't been consistent throughout his career and the Rangers need a spark this season to get them into the playoffs and I think Lundqvist is it.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: NY RANGERS

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I am missing something but why would the rangers start weekes instead of henrik. Yeah Weekes had a good game on thursday but come on. I was at the game aginst NJ and ATL earlier this season and the fans love Henrik. Weekes hasn't been consistent throughout his career and the Rangers need a spark this season to get them into the playoffs and I think Lundqvist is it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Rangers need a goalie to stand on his head for 82 games to make the playoffs this year. They got off to a great start, but they won't make it - too many great teams in the East.

That said, I start my mostly consistent veteran goalie over the hot rookie any time. He'll cool off before too long.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: NY RANGERS

Seasons are shorter in Sweden - Lundqvist hasn't played in more than 45 games in a season. The Rangers can't expect him to hold up over a 65+ game haul. Weekes and Lundqvist will have to split time.

The Rangers never planned on making the playoffs anyway. They've played well but they really don't have that much talent outside of the top line, and that top line really relies on the power play. So why overplay Lundqvist now?