Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2004, 11:38 PM

Default Wise to keep $1000 in your Netteller acct always for bonus whoring?

Just my luck. A bad streak left my Empire acct with $100 and I had $1 in my Party acct. And i always kept my Netteller acct at $1 because it pays no interest vs 2% at the bank.

Now all these bonuses hit.

Need $667 deposit at Party ($100 bonus)
Need $500 deposit at Empire ($500 bonus)
Need $1000 deposit at empire ($100 bonus)

And I don't have $2167 in the bank acct that's linked to these sites. ARRG!!!!!!!!! I only had $2000, but the bank has a $500 minimum to avoid fees. So I only had $1500 to use. Obviously i got Party's $100 and empire's $500 bonus then ~$40 for the last one.

And you can;t pull the $ out till it clears their bank, which wont be for 5 business days.

With netteller, it takes minutes to swap $ into and out of accounts since Party/Empire owns it.

So deposit at party. withdraw from party. deposit at empire, then withdraw, then deposit again to get all 3 bonuses.

Now any disadvantage to keeping $1000 always at Netteller?
Old 09-29-2004, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Wise to keep $1000 in your Netteller acct always for bonus whoring?

" And i always kept my Netteller acct at $1 because it pays no interest vs 2% at the bank."

In my experience, keeping $1000-$2000 at Neteller usually pays off much more than the measly 2% at the bank (hell this $500 reload alone should take care of the interest well into 2015), so yes, I always try to have at least $1000 ready to go at Neteller.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With netteller, it takes minutes to swap $ into and out of accounts since Party/Empire owns it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true: Party/Empire owns Neteller? Just curious.

To answer your question, I usually keep $500-1000 at Neteller if I can afford to. In the past I've missed a few fast-expiring bonuses by not having money in my Neteller account. I consider Neteller safe, so I'm not worried about the money, and like the previous reply said bonuses and winnings will vastly make up for any interest you might lose.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true: Party/Empire owns Neteller? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont know where that idea has sprung from, Neteller are an independent publicly listed company based in the Isle of Man. No connection to Party/Empire whatsoever [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2004, 10:51 AM

Party owns IGMPAY, but not Neteller. Maybe that's where the confusion started.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:29 AM

You get 2% from your bank????? That is AWESOME. Bank One and B of A give about .4% on checking and .75% on savings, and although I haven't checked lately I'd guess you'd need to go into something like a 2 year CD to get 2%.

But on a more serious note, I've also realized I should keep some cash in neteller for this reason. I spent 25 bucks yesterday on one of those phone cards to do the empire bonus. for that reason alone, it's pretty important to me that I got that $50 from them.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You get 2% from your bank????? That is AWESOME. Bank One and B of A give about .4% on checking and .75% on savings, and although I haven't checked lately I'd guess you'd need to go into something like a 2 year CD to get 2%.

[/ QUOTE ]

ING Direct Savings = 2.2% APY
Old 09-29-2004, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party owns IGMPAY, but not Neteller. Maybe that's where the confusion started.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh..yep..my mistake

but then again, why does transactions take 2 hrs for netteller, and 2days for igmpay??
Old 09-29-2004, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Wise to keep $1000 in your Netteller acct always for bonus whoring

If you can afford to have it, it is a good idea. Having to constantly micromanage withdrawals/deposits to get the bonuses you want is annoying.

As it stands (if you like to play poker and would do it no matter what) you get more interest on your money playing bonuses than having it in your bank account.

So if your real life situation allows you to have 1000$ in Neteller it's not a bad idea. I have ~4000$ in Neteller/poker sites (where I only deposit for bonuses and withdraw it all when the bonus is cleared), and I definately have had periods where I have much more than 1000$ locked up. I am sure I could do with much less if I planned my deposits and withdrawals better, but I don't mind stacking bonuses on different sites and keep my deposit there until I clear the bonus (I have a secret hope that Party will like me for having 1200$ untouched there for a week before working off bonuses).