Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Biggest B&M Pet Peeves

Only two things really bother me at the poker table. Table coaches and people who smell bad.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
including the fuckers who hide their cards under their hand(s) and then blow a gasket when you ask that they make their cards visible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Played against one guy at Borg last week who still had his chips way out in front of his cards after being told three or four times....

[/ QUOTE ]

A funny twist on this is when I'm folded out of the hand but I put my hands down in on the table front of my chips while observing the play (it's just seems comortable for me) and when the action gets to my end the dealer stops, stares, waits, and waits, then points at me like I'm supposed to act. I usually just chuckle and say "check". This has happened on numerous occasions. I guess it's maybe a bad habit of mine but the dealers really need to pay closer attention to the action.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are the corollary to my #2 pet peeve. I'll call you... 2a.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely a player at a 3/6 table giving me a long staredown from behind a pair of shades. I usually just laugh at them no matter what and they think that gives them some kind of huge read on me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm really looking for that perfect pair of sunglasses that is incredibly gaudy, yet still fits in my pocket so I can have it ready to whip out and put on the next time one of these idiots tries to look into my soul.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely a player at a 3/6 table giving me a long staredown from behind a pair of shades. I usually just laugh at them no matter what and they think that gives them some kind of huge read on me.

A close second is the showing of only one card at showdown but I don't play much B+M so I'm sure I could come up with more.

[/ QUOTE ]
One time I was playing a $4-$8 game at the Trop and I had the Ace of Diamonds. The flop was 3 diamonds, and on the river a 4th diamond came up. This punk who was wearing sunglasses bet and I raised. So he stares at me for 2 mins., then takes his glasses off and continues to stare. I was trying not to laugh but it was hard. Anyway, after another min. or so, he says "No, you don't have it." and he reraises. I look concerned for about 10 seconds and then raise it back to him. So then he backs down and calls. I turn over the cards and ask him if the ace of diamonds was what he meant by when he said I didn't have it. Then, he turns over his cards and he had bottom pair! I almost laughed and said "Thank god for the river." Then he said
"Yea, tell me about it." I still laugh when I think about that guy.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every time I read one of these threads, I feel like a lot of 2+2ers are really wound up way too tight. Just relax, have a few beers, and don't let any of this nonsense bother you. You'll have a lot more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree -- the funny thing is that a lot of the "peeves" are actually means of receiving information from another player -- e.g., when they show one of their cards or show that they can "read" your hand. Relax and absorb!
Old 07-14-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My biggest pet peeve by far is when someone bets on the river, I call, and they delay showing their hand and say something like,

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and just as bad are the people who call these donkeys and then lay the better hand down before the donkey has a chance to show.

Stinky old guys that need a bath are the top of my list.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:51 PM

When someone goes to dinner for an hour and leaves their chips on the table instead of giving the seat to someone else and getting on the dinner list.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:50 PM

People that fart while I'm trying to smoke.

Bastards.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:22 AM

Sunglasses...especially when you are playing low-limit...
Old 07-15-2005, 12:29 AM

OK, U HAD to exclude punks in sunglasses....so the next big thing for me is the husband-and-wife combo...man, dudes are such wimps when their women play...I got 3-way with a husband and wife (at the poker table, not on the poker table) and check-raised - bluffed with 8-4 suited, after board totally missed (checked from the BB), he folded, shrugged at his wife to fold, so I naturally rolled-over the ol' 4-8....automatic TILTED the dude...cashed in on him later...