Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-20-2005, 10:14 AM

Default My PT stats - comments?

I have about 35,000 hands played per PT ( Includes 11, 502 on $2/4 limit and 14,271 $3/6).

Since the data to follow if based on my learning the game, I want to point out a few things.

I know I have to work on lowering my VP$P. As most beginners do (I assume), I have played way too many hands than is profitable. I am at the point now where I really want to buckle down and get serious with the game and start making some money. My first area is going to be to with my discipline (patience on waiting for hands to play.)

I think I have not done too bad for a beginner. (Read - and still do - books SSHE, etc. 2+2 forum). I made $1,210 at $3/6 and lost $364 on $2/4. (the other 9,000 hands were NL and misc. limits that aren’t relevant now - “experimenting“). For the record - I had moved up to $3/6 for a while and did well, but moved back to $2/4 to work on my game. (It is not that I am at $3/6 now and starting to win.)

Any other stats (than the following) that would be good for me to post? What are key stats in addition to these that are my next step to study? E.g not just which hands and position that I have won/lost but how to read these stats to see that perhaps I should have won with xx hole cards that I actually lost with.

I am especially interested in SB/BB - I know I need work here, too.

Limit $2/4 $3/6 respectively:

VP$P 25.60 22.84
VP$P from SB 52.69 30.95
Folded SB to steal 77.03 89.6
Folded BB to steal 32.65 37.42
Attempt to steal blinds 18.23 19.06
W$WSF 30.55 34.15
Went to SD % 34.28 37.2
Won $ at SD % 52.04 53.10
PF Raise % 7.55 8.05
BB/100 -.79 +1.41

Thanks for any advice.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: My PT stats - comments?

Don't focus your energy on "studying" your stats. Instead focus on reviewing individual hands, studying books and reading the forums in an effort to make correct decisions.

IMO, posters make WAY to big of a fuss about their statistics. The main problems with this being that most of these players don't have a sample size worthy of analyzing. Even when they do, there are so many factors that are difficult (if not impossible) to quantify that will impact the statistic(s) that they're still putting too much faith in pure numbers.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:09 AM

You're too loose, you overdefend, don't steal enough, and don't raise enough pre-flop. What are your AF#s?
Old 10-20-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're too loose, you overdefend, don't steal enough, and don't raise enough pre-flop. What are your AF#s?

[/ QUOTE ]
What Brett said.

Also the obligatory stats link.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:33 PM

I think a good experiment for you to do. Is to try and play 1000 hands tighter than even the ssh book. Can you play like a rock? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't focus your energy on "studying" your stats. Instead focus on reviewing individual hands, studying books and reading the forums in an effort to make correct decisions.

IMO, posters make WAY to big of a fuss about their statistics. The main problems with this being that most of these players don't have a sample size worthy of analyzing. Even when they do, there are so many factors that are difficult (if not impossible) to quantify that will impact the statistic(s) that they're still putting too much faith in pure numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What Brett said.
Also the obligatory stats link.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a way for the sticky at the top to just have a link to this, so people don't keep posting their stats after 12 hands just to be redirected to it?
Old 10-20-2005, 01:01 PM

I understand what you are saying, crunchy - and I do what you suggest. But, I think general critique like Brett and the others gave will help me get an idea about overall bad habits that I might have developed . Thanks.

Btw, this is the first time in a while that I looked at my PT stats. Thought it would be a good idea for me to review my overall play.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1)You're too loose, 2)you overdefend, 3)don't steal enough, and 4)don't raise enough pre-flop. 5)What are your AF#s?

[/ QUOTE ]

1 – yeah, I knew that – I am finally getting a grip on it – the novelty of the game and wanting to be in the action all the time has worn (is wearing) off. Plus, I am tired of not making any money.

2) I wondered about this – thought this might be the case.

3) I have to learn more about this. I just started to try to steal more. Many times that I do – if I don’t hit a flop, then I am not sure how far to take it. Will work more here.

4) I had just recently read a few threads to this point. I think as I tighten up this will help this aspect of my game. The fact that I have been playing too many hands probably also aided in my lower % of raising (can’t call so many any hands and raise too). I think the two should start to improve together (and thus my overall win rate.

5) Not sure, I’ll get back to you on this.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3) I have to learn more about this. I just started to try to steal more. Many times that I do – if I don’t hit a flop, then I am not sure how far to take it. Will work more here.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a valuable post on Blind Stealing that Evan made. Read it.