Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Ultimate Fighting Question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If its the armbar that I'm thinking of, there is a lot of pain. It doesn't look painful but have your buddy do it very "lightly" to you and you will know how it feels. He could break your arm doing that so tell him to do it very gently. BTW, check out UFC on P2P. You won't believe your eyes. I saw about 200 different UFC movies on Emule. I'm currently downloading them. Have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Links to videos plz or bittorent links plz. I want to know how to do this.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

Go on IRC. You wont be able to find all the newest stuff on P2P networks...

irc://irc.ultra-irc.net:6667/UFC-PRIDE

Or you could manually connect.
server = irc.ultra-irc.net
channel = #UFC-PRIDE

Has TONS of Ultimate Fighting stuff and Pride fighting. You can leech the full shows; most of them from XDCC... lots of other MMA (mixed martial arts) and K1 stuff too. I personally like Pride more then UFC now.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:18 AM

It's not pain that makes them tap. When a submission move is fully "locked in", they simply know there is nothing they can do to stop they're arm/leg/ankle/knee from being broken in the next few seconds. It's just training.

I trained with the Militech camp for several months. I saw a guy get his ankle broken in an ankle lock during very light practice sparring. He obviously didn't feel much pain, nor did he have reason to try to resist it. It just happened accidentally, which is why you're trained to just tap out.

The first time I got put in an arm bar while sparring the guy watching jumped in because I did not react to it quick enough (it didn't hurt). After a while you just react to situations by their actual level of danger rather than their level of pain. For example, while an opponent grinds his knee into your head with most of his weight, it may be very painful but you just "think I'm fine, no real danger". You get put in armbar and you think "armbar, too late for countermove, time to tapout" when you possibly don't feel much pain.

The pain threshold these guys have is by far enough to withstand an armbar (not that it's smart). They probably feel much worse pain in other parts of the match.

BTW if you want to see some *serious* UFC, try to find UFC 1-4. It's nothing like what you see today.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:30 AM

Go here:

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1

Download Emule. It's free and no spyware. Pretty easy to use. Just make sure you have a port open in your Windows XP firewall if you use it. As far as IRC goes, I've never been able to figure out how the hell to use IRC to download files so good luck with that. I still doubt that you'll find 200 UFC movies on IRC like you find on P2P network.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:33 AM

You should also get Peer Guardian if you plan on downloading movies like SpielBerg movies or something. Or downloading music.

http://methlabs.org/projects/

It'll keep you from getting a letter from the RIAA. As far as I know, it's legitimate and safe. I use it.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Both.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-15-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
try to find UFC 1-4.

[/ QUOTE ]

two matches that always get me are

"oh my, we have elbows in number..."

and the other one where one dude stars off with a running kick to the chest of the guy who charges him on the opening bell. both are from one of the first 4 UFCs IIRC
Old 08-15-2005, 11:08 AM

Many people also consider it bad etiquette not to tap, because you are forcing the opponent to break your arm, which most guys don't want to do.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Many people also consider it bad etiquette not to tap, because you are forcing the opponent to break your arm, which most guys don't want to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Ettiquette is very important when attempting to cause serious bodily injury to one another.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:19 AM

There is a major difference between trying to end a fight and trying to break a guys arm. And, like anything that started within the last 15 years, I'd assume you actually have no idea what this post is about.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a major difference between trying to end a fight and trying to break a guys arm. And, like anything that started within the last 15 years, I'd assume you actually have no idea what this post is about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny. Very nice! No, I've seen UFC, though not lately.