Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: My SNG Woes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The answer to your problem is this: fold.

You basically shouldn't be playing a hand unless you're willing to commit with the hand. Solidity is the key, wait for the game state to change and then respond to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

So for example, fold your 55 on the button (when folded to)?

I have been folding in spots like these because this isn't a hand that I want to commit to.

Is this going too far?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think so. 8 is getting pretty borderline, with less than 8 I think you should definitely shove.

I don't have a problem with raising either. But blind stealing with medium stacks is just not that important. If you find it making you uncomfortable, just dispense with it. Even if it's costing you small EV, it simplifies your playing, which will help you play more tables at once if you want to.

Blind stealing in the mid game does not win SNGs. SNGs are won by not wasting your stack early and by proper pushing technique when the blinds are huge. If you grind out a 25 chip edge here 49 times and then the 50th time you blunder and lose your stack, you've probably cost yourself all the gains.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't have time to find HHs now but after reading all the advice on this forum I definitely ended up being too aggressive in this period. Once I tightened up in this area (just a tiny little bit) my results skyrocketed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2005, 01:17 PM

With 10x-12x the BB I prefer to do 2,5x the BB raises( only with good hands). That strategy is for the 11s-22s when ppl only reraise with monsters.