Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: 10-20 NLH -- 3 hands against the same villain

I like hand 1 against Irish. He loves to make "big laydowns" so I think your FE is nice here.

Hand 2 I expect to chop but it is a nasty spot. You better be ready to call river push if you call here. You may be able to bluff on a river club, but dangerous altogether.

Hand 3 pot is 825 and Fil_ bet 200, looks like a blocking bet. Irish had somthing like JJ for sure and I think you are against only a king at least 50% of the time. Problem is it is AK most of the time. Pot odds are tough to turn down though.

I think the PR games have been pretty tough lately so you may want to consider better game/site selection.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:04 PM

Please explain why hand 1 is so good. If called, you're behind a king w 15 outs and a card to go. If you get a fold, you win a fairly modest pot (at this level).
Old 12-01-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This made me laugh: "_fil is the TAG." _fil, a *TAG*???? Now THAT, my friend, is rich. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-neon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I think that _fil is one of the toughest regulars on that site. I assume you think that he is LAG rather than TAG. That's probably right in a full ring. I play mostly shorthanded though, and I don't regard him as overly loose 3-4 handed (at least as compared to the average player).
Old 12-01-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please explain why hand 1 is so good. If called, you're behind a king w 15 outs and a card to go. If you get a fold, you win a fairly modest pot (at this level).

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that a naked K looks me up here. I might even have fold equity against two pair. What alternative do you propose?
Old 12-01-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Irish is the Villain. _fil is the TAG in hand 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
Both very tough opponents judging from my experience on eurobet. I will not play against fil... he's probably the best player on the site..find an easier game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, not a great game, especially since there was another strong 2+2er in the game as well.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:20 PM

I'm not sure of the alternative. I'm looking at it from the perspective that the object is to win $, not pots, and a c.$2000 bluff to win c.$200 seems out of kilter w that. Also if a K does call, you're a fairly significant dog.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This made me laugh: "_fil is the TAG." _fil, a *TAG*???? Now THAT, my friend, is rich. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-neon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I think that _fil is one of the toughest regulars on that site. I assume you think that he is LAG rather than TAG. That's probably right in a full ring. I play mostly shorthanded though, and I don't regard him as overly loose 3-4 handed (at least as compared to the average player).

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said I didn't regard _fil as a tough opponent; that I do.

I just wouldn't describe him as "tight" in any regard, at least not from my experience, which admittedly is somewhat limited.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Results

Thanks for the replies

Hand 1 -- Villain claimed that he folded AJ.

Hand 2 -- I folded to the minraise on the turn and Villain tabled 66. I patted myself on the back for a good read.

Hand 3 -- I called the river like an idiot and Villain showed KJ hearts for the rivered flush. I agree that I should have bet the flop on this hand.