Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 10:18 AM

Default 10-20 -- \"Mr AA\"

6 handed --

Villain in this hand is a high limit player. I rarely see him play lower than 25-50, but he is slumming in the 10-20 game at the moment. He also seems to be on full monkey tilt. Between the 25-50 game and the 10-20 game, he has dropped 4-6 buyins in 45 minutes. He is playing very wild, making huge bets with the nuts and air. He is begging the players in the 10-20 game to play 25-50. Villain has $2100. I have him covered.

Preflop

Villain raises to $80 UTG (which literally means nothing). Folded to me on the button and I make it $300 to go with red aces.

Flop

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain checks to me. I bet $600. Villain types in the chat box -- "OK Mr. AA, here you go" and then pushes all-in.

Any hesitation?

P.S. I changed my holding in this hand to make it more interesting. In reality, I had red kings, which of course was an instacall.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: 10-20 -- \"Mr AA\"

push
Old 10-05-2005, 10:26 AM

i think by writing that you´ve changed it from KK to AA you pretty much give away that he has a big draw of some sort and would rather you fold but doesn´t mind a call from AA, which is why he types it in the box. by changing it from KK to AA and implying the difference is small, you account for the 20% or so of added equity you gain from having a set instead of one pair. or maybe i´m wrong. still don´t write that, ha.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:47 PM

If he's playing very wild and this includes pushing with air, this is an insta-call. Boring.