Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Party\'s Players are Not Good

I opened up an account on Party Poker yesterday (Wednesday) morning. I made the deposit to get the max bonus, cleared it in a little over an hour two-tabling and thought it was the easiest $100 bucks I have ever made.

Then I discovered the Party $25NL Tables. WOW. I knew Party was going to be loose, but I didn't know that they ran an aquarium. Granted I've only played 11 hours so far, but my hourly win rate is $36.

This afternoon I bought in and sat to the right of a player with $140 in front of him. 25 hands later he was empty and I had all of of his chips.

Ok, I know that I'm running a little warm right now but I'm beginning to wonder is it always like this? There is not a session that I don't walk out with over $30 in profit. I don't even consider myself to be good at poker, just ok.

Why would anyone play anywhere else if it is just this easy?
Old 01-07-2005, 03:15 AM

Default Re: Party\'s Players are Not Good

All I have to say is becareful, I am lucky enough to be a plus player on party poker right now, but when I first started there I won huge as well, then I lost $600 the next month, it took a few months to work my way back up to even and I am now up a couple of hundred. There is no doubt the players at party poker are pretty terrible but the cards can and do change and if your not careful you can get burned.

good luck.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:07 PM

Congrats on the huge profits you have reaped so far. But I guess you know that win rate is simply not sustainable.

Although I have an account on Party I don't usually play the NL25 games. One thing that bothers me there is the shallow stack size (50BB). A preflop raise of $2 or $2.5 is pretty standard which makes playing small pp in that situation barely profitable. I'm sure most people call that raise every time and they want to tell me how many times they have spiked a set and busted AA/KK's full stack, or the times when they flop a boat and take down a three way all-in pot. But from a mathematical standpoint, you can't win much in the long run.

So my question is, why do so many 2+2ers think Party NL25 is so juicy? Any consistent winners care to shed some light on this? I'm really curious.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:12 PM

you are used to deeper stack play in which you make money off your mid pocket pairs making sets.

those playing party25 are used to making money with their AK outkicking AQ or KK beating QQ.

While drawing hands make you less money at short stacks, strong preflop hands should make you more at short stacks.

different strats for different stacks.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So my question is, why do so many 2+2ers think Party NL25 is so juicy? Any consistent winners care to shed some light on this? I'm really curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

a good player can win $25/hr (before rakeback) 4-tabling party nl25 6max. the thing is, the bigger nl 6max games at party are even more profitable, so in that sense nl25 isn't that great.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:16 PM

which hands give you the most winnings? Is it flopped TPTK, pre-flop AA all-in? Something like that?
Old 01-07-2005, 08:25 PM

yes.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:56 PM

Not sure where you guys are playing but I'm readily getting my ass kicked at party. Total losses this month at party = $600

Total losses at Party = $1200
Old 01-07-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure where you guys are playing but I'm readily getting my ass kicked at party. Total losses this month at party = $600

[/ QUOTE ]
What game are you playing, 25nl? That is a huge downswing at that level. I recomend doing some reading on nl or perhaps switching to limit.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:10 PM

No, I've lost about $300 at the $25 NL 10 handed and 6 handed this month. The other $300 I lost in $50 buy-in multi-table tourneys and $10 SNG's. $45 to Semi-final qualifying tourneys for party poker million.