Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 04:27 PM

Default second post, still about QQ

I think QQ gives me more trouble than any other hand. In this case, I'm pretty certain I misplayed the river, I probably should have lead and maybe folded to a raise, but other than that, I wonder how I did here. It was shaping up to be a pretty big pot.

BB and MP2 are sL-PP, no other reads.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

River: (24 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 28 BB
Old 05-05-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: second post, still about QQ

I think you are up against either AA or KK maybe JJ.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are up against either AA or KK maybe JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my 1st thought, but many a fish would play AK,AQ in this fashion also.

I don't hate your check-call on the river.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:32 PM

I think that you played the hand all right. He didn't re-raise you on the turn, so the villian is afraid of the 9's and doesn't have them beat. He wakes up again whent he J comes out, so I would guess he has JJ here.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:33 PM

umm...why did you c/r the turn? if you're trying to show that you have a 9, you need to follow that up with a bet on the river, especially if you're planning on calling a river bet anyways. by the way though, i doubt anybody thinks you have a 9 after capping preflop.

just get to the showdown ASAP. after he reraises the flop, just call down.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
umm...why did you c/r the turn? if you're trying to show that you have a 9, you need to follow that up with a bet on the river, especially if you're planning on calling a river bet anyways. by the way though, i doubt anybody thinks you have a 9 after capping preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

right. But who else has a 9? It seems like pretty safe card to me. I say I'm ahead here.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:36 PM

3-bet the flop. The whole hand plays out differently from there.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:50 PM

If we did not see the river action, might is there any chance to think UTG is slow playing 99?
Old 05-05-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right. But who else has a 9? It seems like pretty safe card to me. I say I'm ahead here.

[/ QUOTE ]

right, i think you could be too, i just thought since you merely called the raise on the flop, you thought you were behind. by not 3-betting or leading out the turn, you're putting in more $$ by c/r when you could be behind. that's all.