Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 04:24 PM

Default How weak was the PP million?

I read trip reports on the other boards that said 1/10 of the players bought in directly. There were stories of really bad players. Also stories of professionals raising 20 hands in a row around bubble time at limit holdem and getting little action. It seems like there must have been some pretty bad players for that kind of approach to work.

I am looking for a nice soft $10K tournament. This one looks pretty good, although the WSOP seems better and I get seasick.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: How weak was the PP million?

65 out of 735 bought in directly. On my first day playing (day 2), the table was really tight compared to what I was expecting. Paul Darden was at my table on the third day when it was reduced to around 40 people. He was raising fairly often but not anything crazy. He ended up in 4th place. If I had enough chips I would have raised with just about anything. The thing I noticed about Paul Darden was that his calling standards preflop and postflop were extremely loose. There were a lot of people on the ship with the same story.. busted by Paul Darden on the river. Or maybe we are just whiners. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]