Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Another ex-gf question

BTW, the troll in this thread can safely be added to your banlist, but he did make a true point.

Success in this situation does not go to the meek. If you do nothing, the opportunity will pass and you will not get the girl. You should decide on what you want to do and then _do_ it post-haste. Even a week from now is too late.

My advice: Tell the ex you're through. Tell the other girl your ex asked to stay, but you refused because you want to be with her. No more waiting, you want to go for it. Best of luck.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:04 AM

youre a real stud.

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, so here's the situation with this girl. I lived with her for a year and a half. We broke up about three years ago because I was a drunk and she liked to cheat. Things did not end well, to say the least. But we still IM each other every six month or so. Since I last saw her, I quit drinking and using drugs.

In our IM last night, she said that she's going to be in town next weekend, and needs a place to stay. She lives about six hours away now.

I don't know what her intentions are, but I really don't think I ought to be trying to hook up with her. I haven't done any naked-type hooking up with anyone else since last time I saw her, though.

If you've read some of my recent posts, there is another girl I'm interested in, and things progressed a little bit, but now we're "just friends."

I've been kicking around the idea of using the new girl as a "bodyguard" from the old one. But that could go very badly, and could be a very sleazy and manipulative move.

What should I do?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-02-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, the troll in this thread can safely be added to your banlist, but he did make a true point.

Success in this situation does not go to the meek. If you do nothing, the opportunity will pass and you will not get the girl. You should decide on what you want to do and then _do_ it post-haste. Even a week from now is too late.

My advice: Tell the ex you're through. Tell the other girl your ex asked to stay, but you refused because you want to be with her. No more waiting, you want to go for it. Best of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is excellent advice. Tell new girl that old girl wanted to come stay at your place and you told her "no" because you're ready to hit the GO button with new girl. I had a similar situation...

Ex (who'd been a neurotic batch) used me every couple weeks for a booty call (which I didn't mind at the time, especially since the sex was by far the best part of that old relationship). New girl had another boyfriend and was stalling on breaking up with him even though she'd been clear about the fact that she was into me as more than a friend. So I told new girl that I wasn't interested in a platonic friendship with her, I wanted ALL of her. It was a couple weeks before Valentine's and I threw down an ultimatum..."you're MY valentine's date -- or we have to be done."

Other boyfriend was gone in 36 hours, we hooked up (and I got rid of old girlfriend booty calls, obviously), and we've been together ever since. That was over four years ago.

So...tell the new girl exactly what above poster told you to. If she balks at the idea of moving forward with a relationship...then call ex, tell her she's welcome to stay, and SIIHP.