Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Another ex-gf question

"By the way, now that we're friends, I can tell you this. I love you."

I missed this thread, but this chick is a crackpot. You should cut off all contact immediately. You should do this because she's insane, but of course this is also your best shot (which isn't the reason you should do it).

-Michael
Old 08-01-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let your old girl stay. Hit it. Maybe the "just friends" girl will realize that she doesn't like seeing you with another chick.

*Disclaimer* This is a longshot, but possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

how does "Just a Friend" find out without me making it obvious that I'm trying to make her jealous?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, if you are worried about that then simply don't do anything out of the ordinary. If she finds out, cool. If not, you got some ass.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:16 PM

Location: They call Los Angeles the City of Angels. I didn\'t find it to be that exactly, but I\'ll allow as there are some nice folks there.

[ QUOTE ]
"By the way, now that we're friends, I can tell you this. I love you."

I missed this thread, but this chick is a crackpot. You should cut off all contact immediately. You should do this because she's insane, but of course this is also your best shot (which isn't the reason you should do it).

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I think she is taking bad advice from a retard.

here
Old 08-01-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Another ex-gf question *DELETED*

Post deleted by Jeremy7321
Old 08-01-2005, 09:25 PM

Location: They call Los Angeles the City of Angels. I didn\'t find it to be that exactly, but I\'ll allow as there are some nice folks there.

[ QUOTE ]
STUPID - If you are so completely retarded that you have to ask for women advice from OOT posters

[/ QUOTE ]

believe me, I take it all with a grain of salt, and make my own decisions.

thank you for your concern.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:22 PM

You're at the make or break point, sir. First off, ditch the ex. That's lame.

This new girl is neurotic, and has no clue what she wants. That isn't awful, because who isn't a little neurotic? But it means the odds on a good relationship with her have diminished.

If you want to be with this girl, tell her right now that's what you want. You don't want to be friends. You want her. It may be scary and new for her, but life is full of exciting things - they're all that is worthwhile.

If you don't want to be with this girl, then fine, agree to be friends. She'll be gone in two months tops.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She'll be gone in two months tops.

[/ QUOTE ]

gone how?
Old 08-01-2005, 10:37 PM

She will leave you.

Girls who say they want to be friends do not mean it literally. It is their yellow light symbol. Sometimes they use it to probe you to see if you really are interested.

You have three options when you get put off in this fashion.

1. No compromise. Tell them you want to be a couple or nothing. High risk strategy, but if it fails, it usually was not going to work out anyways. You'd just take a few months figuring this out.

2. Tell her you like being her friend and that she's a super person. You will usually get a couple months of actually being her friend and enjoying yourselves. Great if that's something you're into. You will never get to bone her. Ever. After a little while she'll find a guy who does want to bone her, and that will be that.

3. Simply drop her altogether. As another poster mentioned, this actually is a great way to get her interested. Rather manipulative. I don't like games, so I wouldn't use this tactic, but some would.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She will leave you.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what I thought, until the "I love you" part.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let your old girl stay. Hit it. Maybe the "just friends" girl will realize that she doesn't like seeing you with another chick.

*Disclaimer* This is a longshot, but possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

how does "Just a Friend" find out without me making it obvious that I'm trying to make her jealous?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, when she asks you if anything is new, mention the other girl. Don't make a big deal out of it, though...let her ask the questions if she wants to know more about the situation.

It's not like you're fabricating the existence of this new girl...as long as you don't embellish details when you talk to the "just be friends" girl, you shouldn't worry about it looking like you're just trying to make her jealous.