Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 12:50 PM

Default 5/10 - ATs in BB

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Old 03-22-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: 5/10 - ATs in BB

you have 3rd pair + one card gutshot you chop with any A + questionable overcard out of position against two preflop callers who hung around on a broadway, straightdrawish board and now a draw completing overcard falls that puts a backdoor flush draw on the table.

If you bet and are raised you will be getting 8 or 9 to 1, which isn't clearly enough to draw here given the uncleanliness of your A outs and he chance you chop if you catch a K. Your T outs are probably clean but that isn't even certain if you are raised on the turn. If you check turn you lose any bluff equity (you could represent AK and bet, but I would bet your bluff equity is pretty slim, so you don't give up that much by checking) and will face 6-7 to one on the turn if you check and there is a bte behind, which presents worse odds than discussed above where you had bet and been raised.

A read would be nice but I still feel kinda lost..this hand is interesting so I will post this and hope someone else chimes in...I think I am leaning towards check-fold but that sounds really horrible and work has me distracted so I will need to revisit this after I get bent later on tonight, but betting and calling a raise can't be good, and betting and gettign called by a better hand can't be good, but there was no flop raise so no Q and maybe no T (default read), so how much does the J change things?
Old 03-23-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: 5/10 - ATs in BB

Check-fold.

There aren't any drawing hands on the flop that you're ahead of anymore. 89, K9, JK, J9 all just improved to beat you. Any Q was already ahead of you (and there are plenty of people who simply call down with top pair, even multiway - so with no read you can't rule that out). The leak with these players is that they call too much, so I doubt you have any folding equity against a J especially since JK or J9 still has the open ended draw in addition to the pair. If you check, they may even give you a free shot at a K (or T) or a showdown.