Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2004, 08:14 PM

Default Party 2/4 - 88 in BB

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 5 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>
Old 10-16-2004, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Party 2/4 - 88 in BB

Im torn between betting the turn, and not betting the turn. getting c/r would suck, but its HU and betting does some stuff for me (gets him to fold, charges him when hes on a draw). I dunno...I prolly bet
Old 10-16-2004, 11:16 PM

Then again he could be going along with Tx.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:19 PM

Anyone here not bet the flop? You are very likely to be called or raised by a better hand with suited T and J on the board. A lot of hands fit with that board. With both overcards and two good draws out against your hand, I don't see much wrong with letting it go on the flop.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone here not bet the flop? You are very likely to be called or raised by a better hand with suited T and J on the board. A lot of hands fit with that board. With both overcards and two good draws out against your hand, I don't see much wrong with letting it go on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, that makes the most sense
Old 10-17-2004, 12:07 AM

I like just checking pre-flop. Not a lot of callers and you're most likley going to flop one or more over-cards. Anyways, I would bet the turn.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:08 AM

I think Id bet the turn but check the river. I dont see him calling the river with a lower pair or A high(?)
Old 10-17-2004, 02:52 AM

What about check raising the turn?
Old 10-17-2004, 11:01 AM

Here was my thinking on the hand.

Preflop - I didn't see any cries out to raise this preflop. I usually wouldn't do it.

Flop - Small pot and I may have the best hand so I took a stab at it. As someone mentioned, part of the problem with this board is people calling could have anything and I won't have much of a clue if I'm ahead or behind.

Turn - Maybe I gave the SB a free card, but I'm giving myself a free card too. I thought about betting and folding to a C/R, but I thought this would be a good board for someone to bluff. I'd rather go to showdown for one bet (at the most) if I felt I had a chance to win.

River - I think I made a mistake here, as I can not think of many hands that the SB will call with that I beat. Maybe a three, 44-77 or ace high. But does the average Party 2/4 player call with those hands or worse enough to make this a value bet?

SB showed ATo and MHING.