Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-20-2005, 06:22 PM

Default trips whit A kicker, how to milk my opp.

Been at the table for 30 minutes but I have no read on opp because I'm distracted reading post on the forum [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) converter

Button ($32.85)
SB ($13.20)
Hero ($43)
UTG ($33.95)
MP ($37.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, SB folds

Hero?

I did'nt like is min raise. I know I got the best hand but I feel that any sign of stenght will now make my hand clear and he'll easyly fold hand like KT or AT. How do you proceed past the flop to extract the most out of him?

thx

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: trips whit A kicker, how to milk my opp.

I think you have to raise him to ~$5 or $6. Smoothcalling probably isn't the best idea since you're OOP and that puts you in a tough spot on the turn, e.g. do you bet out or check, if you check he might check behind you. It's not unreasonable that he has something like 76, 86, or 65 suited, I would raise him here and pray for a re-raise, if he calls bet 2/3-pot on the turn, if he folds just take the pot and be happy.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:07 PM

I was thinking smooth call and c/r turn - but then again he might check behind

I like popping the pot up to 5-6 on flop more come to think abou tit
Old 12-20-2005, 08:12 PM

I wouldn't attempt a c/r given his flop minraise - this kind of small raise is typical of a passive who could easily check the turn.

The more agressive way to build a big pot is 3bet the flop, value bet turn/river. Just smooth calling the flop and leading the turn/river is more likely to result in at least a decent sized pot given his likely call downs, with the potential for another min-raise by villian.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to raise him to ~$5 or $6.

[/ QUOTE ]
Reraise to build up the pot and make him pay for a draw. Checking to disguise your hand is not going to make the most money, as you are missing out on a bet. He is unlikely to fold to your reraise unless he has a good read on you.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:23 PM

From my experience, people who use the min-raise aren't typically good enough to fold to a 3-bet, even when they're obviously behind...I've had people call my flop 3-bets on a paired board with TPTK.