Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Is This A Leak Or Standard?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love all you tight weakies.. just please, for the love of God, don't ever consider moving to cash games for your own sakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kind of funny coming from someone who posts entirely in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the best SNG forum, but i wouldnt say the NL forum is the best hence the reason i don't post there.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:28 PM

I would definitely bet the river, its very likely you will be called by a worse hand, and if you are check raised you can usually fold with a clear conscience.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love all you tight weakies.. just please, for the love of God, don't ever consider moving to cash games for your own sakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be way more likely to check this in a cash game than I would a tourney. Not saying I would.

Here I bet around 650-700. I think you are beat significantly less than you are beating him.

I think you get check raised very rarely here because the villain would be scared you wouldn't bet and check raised by a worse hand about 0% of the time. Think about it, why would villain c/r bluff that board after you fired three barrels? It makes no sense. Anyways making a smallish value bet here is my typical line.

I don't think anyone should say either move is standard either. This is fairly player dependent, but no option is so much better than the other to make one standard or not.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone should say either move is standard either. This is fairly player dependent, but no option is so much better than the other to make one standard or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, ok, change it to "common".
Old 09-19-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would definitely bet the river, its very likely you will be called by a worse hand, and if you are check raised you can usually fold with a clear conscience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't this be a reason to check the river? If only a better hand is going to call you then the only hands that are going to raise you is a better hand or a bluff. If I know my opponent will fold a worse hand I tend to check behind.

My 2 cents, I know you've played a lot more then me Curtains [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't this be a reason to check the river? If only a better hand is going to call you then the only hands that are going to raise you is a better hand or a bluff. If I know my opponent will fold a worse hand I tend to check behind.

My 2 cents, I know you've played a lot more then me Curtains [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you misread my post. I say that it's very likely you will be called by a worse hand.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:06 AM

reraise pf in position, the way you played it, check behind on turn, then call a normal sized river bet, or bet 2/3 pot if checked to, you'll see this kind of play all the time at the NL 400/600 6 max forum (where I used to live)
Old 09-20-2005, 05:16 AM

The pot is 1750. You have about 2200 and villain has about 2700. If you make a smallish bet (not so small that he tries to get tricky and check raise) but something around 600-1200, you will get called with any ace. You will only get raised by a hand that beats you. Plenty of hands you beat will call you. At some point, he would have raised with 2 pair if he had it. Your bets on the flop and turn are still not convincing enough that you have an ace, which is why he is calling you all the way with as big as aj or maybe even as small as kk or kq. Any hand you beat will probably call another 600, and aj or a10 will probably call as big as 1200. If he had anything better than ak, he would have raised it or bet out with it by this point.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:51 AM

i don't see how anyone can recommend checking behind here.

you are almost certainly ahead and there are plenty of hands he'll pay you off with. i think 600-800 is about right.

in the extremely unlikely event that you are check raised, you gotta fold it.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:25 PM

Raise more preflop don't min raise. How many handed is this? If it is on the bubble or ITM makes a huge difference on how both the hero and villain should play the hand. With no real draws on board you are ahead most of the time. If he had Two pair or a set you would have found out by now.

My usual line would be
Raise to 300/400 preflop
Bet 1/2- 2/3 pot on flop
Push the turn.

In 33 - 55 You are going to get called by AJ, AT a lot more than two pair or a set.