Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 04:53 PM

Default ROI calculation and %ITM

Do I understand correctly that a 15% ROI on a STT would be for example $55 * 0.15 = $8.25 profit per table?

Further then: 2 tabling $50 STT should yield $16.50/2 tournaments, which seem to take 40-45 minutes thus would yield roughly 35% more than $16.50/hour? (Roughly $23/hr?)

Finally, is there a way to roughly estimate what a 35% ITM player would be looking at in terms of ROI? What ITM% would roughly be equivalent to 15% ROI?

Thanks a lot,
Eric

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: ROI calculation and %ITM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I understand correctly that a 15% ROI on a STT would be for example $55 * 0.15 = $8.25 profit per table?

Further then: 2 tabling $50 STT should yield $16.50/2 tournaments, which seem to take 40-45 minutes thus would yield roughly 35% more than $16.50/hour? (Roughly $23/hr?)

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, is there a way to roughly estimate what a 35% ITM player would be looking at in terms of ROI? What ITM% would roughly be equivalent to 15% ROI?

Thanks a lot,
Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

no

citanul

ps, while making a post with only yes and no is cute, i thought i'd explain the no. people get different "shapes" of itm finishes. there's lots of ways to get in the money 35 out of 100 games, and some of them make money while others lose money. so without making assumptions about this shape, you can't make an estimate.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

see the other post for the 1st part, but this part is very dependent on how often you get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. That is very dependent on style of play.

Steve
Old 07-19-2005, 05:54 PM

If you are assuming an equal distribution of finishes, then a 33% ITM corresponds roughly to break even (0% ROI). Each extra 3.3% ITM would be roughly an extra 10% ROI.

So to get 15% ROI, you'd need about 38% ITM. Of course, it depends a lot on your distribution of finishes. If you always finish 3rd, you could have a 50% ITM without even breaking even.