Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-20-2005, 08:13 PM
J-Lo J-Lo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1
Default confused-- what to do?

no reads... this is a $55

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter

UTG (t595)
UTG+1 (t2185)
MP1 (t815)
MP2 (t770)
MP3 (t435)
CO (t860)
Hero (t1570)
SB (t1300)
BB (t1470)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t30, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t30, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t180) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t200</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t380
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-20-2005, 08:19 PM
DasLeben DasLeben is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: OMG DasLesbian ROFL!!!11one
Posts: 974
Default Re: confused-- what to do?

I probably end up all-in at some point and cripple myself. But hey, I don't play $55s.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-20-2005, 08:36 PM
J-Lo J-Lo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1
Default Re: confused-- what to do?

argh the more and more i think about it, them ore and more i feel i am behind.

I KNOW he doesn't have a 2, can i represent one? I know he is scared with his hand-- hence the overbet.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2005, 09:04 PM
ReDeYES88 ReDeYES88 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 40
Default Re: confused-- what to do?

[ QUOTE ]
argh the more and more i think about it, them ore and more i feel i am behind.

I KNOW he doesn't have a 2, can i represent one? I know he is scared with his hand-- hence the overbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villan completes for t15 more from the SB with plenty of chips to take a minor gamble. He COULD be treating this similar to completing in the first round for only t5 more with anything reasonable(the "what the hell, it's only a few more chips" mentality).

I'm with you, I SERIOUSLY doubt that he has a 2. To easy to lead check from the SB if he flopped trips. So what DOES he have? Could he have connected with a 3 somehow? (playing 34s or A3s?) How low of a pocket pair would he need to just complete preflop instead of raising w/4 limpers? Would he limp TT? 99? 88? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I think that JJ raises, and TT might raise, too.

I doubt that you can rep a deuce, so it comes down to if you think your 88 is bigger than a pair that he might have. I think that with his overbet that he stole the pot with a couple of overs, perhaps a mid A.

I suppose that the question is how much do you want to spend finding out if your hand is good, and when do you want to spend it. Say you decide to give yourself a t600 allowance to find out.

1. You reraise him on the flop to t600. I think that you'll have a pretty clear answer based on how he reacts.
2. You flat call his t200 bet on the flop, and wait to see how he acts on the turn. There aren't any obvious draws that you might be playing, so a flat call on the flop gives him an interesting decision. If he checks, you lead with t400 into a t580 pot (spending the rest of your allowance). If he leads, well you see what card came on the flop and how much he bets. I think that you might be able to push him off of a reasonable hand (if he does in fact have one) with a big reraise on the turn.

. . .or I fold when he bets the flop.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2005, 09:12 PM
DJ Sensei DJ Sensei is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 148
Default Re: confused-- what to do?

You're right that he doesnt have a 2. I'd suspect that he has made a pair of 3's (A3 or 43 probably), or has a lower pocket pair (44-77). There is some chance that he has 99 or TT, maybe even JJ, but anything above that he probably would have raised preflop. He has to bet out his pair now, for fear that it will get checked around and he'll get outdrawn on the turn. As such, I suspect you are probably well ahead of him, and calling his bet will probably result in a turn check as he'll be very afraid of you having a 2 or a higher PP. A cold call will probably result in checking down to the river, which is ideal for you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-20-2005, 09:39 PM
liucipher liucipher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seat 6, $11s
Posts: 180
Default Re: confused-- what to do?

I'd say (out of my a$$) that 75% chance you have SB beat. The other 25% of the time, he's going to laugh when you put him all-in because he completed the blind with 24o


But I just fold because $55 is 5 $11s buy-ins to me.


Well, no, but you've got a healthy chip stack, have invested almost zero into the hand, and are going to have to reraise huge or just push because I don't know what turn/river are going to make your decision any easier.

I clearly don't know how to play a 1000 starting chip stack. Or a flop for that matter. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Big Limpin' Big Limpin' is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 298
Default Re: confused-- what to do?

[ QUOTE ]
SB bets t200

[/ QUOTE ]
when the blind bets i think, hmmm, i either have best hand and wont win much, or i dont, and i can lost alot.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-20-2005, 10:06 PM
ReDeYES88 ReDeYES88 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 40
Default Re: confused-- what to do?

[ QUOTE ]
You're right that he doesnt have a 2. I'd suspect that he has made a pair of 3's (A3 or 43 probably), or has a lower pocket pair (44-77). There is some chance that he has 99 or TT, maybe even JJ, but anything above that he probably would have raised preflop. He has to bet out his pair now, for fear that it will get checked around and he'll get outdrawn on the turn. As such, I suspect you are probably well ahead of him, and calling his bet will probably result in a turn check as he'll be very afraid of you having a 2 or a higher PP. A cold call will probably result in checking down to the river, which is ideal for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

. . yeah, what you said. . .wait, i think i've heard that before. .. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-20-2005, 11:19 PM
DJ Sensei DJ Sensei is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 148
Default Re: confused-- what to do?

yea, sorry to sound repetitive, i was typing my reply, by the time i posted it the other one was up there already... but at least somebody agrees with me!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Scuba Chuck Scuba Chuck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 1-table tournaments
Posts: 1,537
Default Re: confused-- what to do?

You know, you've got very little invested into this hand. I don't think you should feel wrong to let this one go.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.