Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-07-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Hand vs Carlos Mortensen in Bellagio 3K

I'm putting him on aces w/ a good kicker or a flush draw. I'd probably go all in and hope for the best. If you fold now, he's most-likely going to jam you every time you try to get a future pot and eventually you'll end up battling with a hand that isn't as strong as trips. Or you could just use your foot to tip over his chair and sneak a peek at his cards as he falls over. Whatever is best.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:46 PM

I really hate how you played this hand. Preflop call I think I'd probably make, but it's probably also wrong.

The flop bet's horrible, and it bugs me that you gloss over it in your post; you cost yourself money here and should regret it. If you feel the need to play off of your image, c/r the flop and represent a set/flush--it'll be a kind of semibluff as you could always spike an offsuit 6/2 on the turn or river. Probably, you should just check/fold here though.

On the turn, I like the bet because he can't put you on the 2. I call the raise because reraising allows him to play perfectly and check/calling a non-spade the river gets you money off of some busted draws. Also, showing down this hand'll be really fun for your image [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

As played, you can't fold to this raise with the odds that you're getting, given the chance that you're ahead and the odds that you'll suck out. He could have AK with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], just K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (very unlikely), a flush, or a boat (unlikely because of flop call?).
Old 12-07-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Blinds 25/50. I have 5900 carlos has 4900...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm putting him on aces w/ a good kicker or a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I disagree w/ this read is that Shan has 1K more in chips than Carlos. Shan will be somewhat crippled if he loses the hand, but Carlos is gone. I can't see less than a flush. I still think he has a boat.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:00 PM

bleh, don't like the PF call..the 7:1 odds aren't so hot, and your implied odds vs a guy that "owns you" probably arent good either. It's not like he's some schmuck that's going to give you his stack when you flop two pair.

i dont get all the turn miniraises.. if you still thought you were best and didnt want to give a free card why didnt you push after his minraise.

that said, i think i like just check calling
Old 12-07-2005, 09:10 PM

What?
Old 12-07-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Results and stuff

[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like this great player is inside your head and you arent thinking straight. Or maybe you just need to start putting together more solid thought processes than:

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with just about everything you said, as summed up by that passage.

I didn't post this hand as an example of a shining moment in clarity.

Carlos had Ts5s. I lost.

Not sure why I posted the hand now. I do apologize if my reasoning, or lack thereof, justifications and mistakes in this hand rubbed people the wrong way. I'll try to post hands that work smoothly and don't reek of simple mistakes in the future.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Results and stuff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like this great player is inside your head and you arent thinking straight. Or maybe you just need to start putting together more solid thought processes than:

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with just about everything you said, as summed up by that passage.

I didn't post this hand as an example of a shining moment in clarity.

Carlos had Ts5s. I lost.

Not sure why I posted the hand now. I do apologize if my reasoning, or lack thereof, justifications and mistakes in this hand rubbed people the wrong way. I'll try to post hands that work smoothly and don't reek of simple mistakes in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, make sure you never do that again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Results and stuff

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You owe no apology IMO. Mistakes happen, sometimes even simple ones. And sometimes the simple ones lead to untangling of thinking that's gotten too complex.

Looking forward to the TR.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:31 PM

oh man. Take his chips.

But I'da called called his turn raise and let him bet the river....cos he prolly will. And you get to keep it non-life-threatening.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:29 PM

Does anyone else find it incredible that Carlos had a ten high flush? Shaniac bet into several people on a coordinated board on the flop, and then on the turn made a weak lead type bet when the board paired, and three bet when he was raised. It was a pretty good read by Carlos to go to the felt with that action.