Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 09-07-2005, 03:24 PM

Default party new player freeroll, how do you qualify?

there is a $5,000 freeroll on Party for new players on wednesday nights.

anyone know the specifics on qualifying? it says you just have to make your first real money deposit. i suspect you also have to play a certain number of raked hands.

if i do an affiliate signup, a refer-a-friend, or a bonus code, will i still be eligible for the freeroll?
Old 09-07-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: party new player freeroll, how do you qualify?

I did it just last week. I didn't have to do anything but sign up. Went to the special header and registered with no problems. The players are terrible. I took 28th out of about 1500. Good luck!
Old 09-07-2005, 03:36 PM

I did a $250 freeroll and finished 3rd out of 2500...players are indeed terrible and it took me 5 hours to week through them and I only won $25 so I'd recommend playing the smalle SNGs and then lower $ MTTs which will be more ROI positive and expose you to better players in general.

Additionally, I think you need to have made your first deposit on or after August 1st 2005 to qualify for these freeroll tournies
Old 09-07-2005, 04:23 PM

thanks cubs,

so do you have to go to the tournament to register, or you get registered automatically?
Old 09-08-2005, 02:15 AM

You have to register.

I recommend registering as early as possible. I registered for the new player Tourney several days in advance when I first signed up on on another Party Skin (PokerNOW, I think) and almost all the players who'd signed up that early seem to have forgotten about it. PokerNOW filled those slots with crudes "placebo bots"

I ended up playing against no more than 3 real players for the next two hour of table consolidations, while people who signed up later stared at tables mostly full of real players. If two players were at a table with eight bots, they ended up carving up the inital stakes of the crude bots, according to relative table position, simply by making small preflop raises (I was naive. it took me almost an hour to realize what was going on -- man, I could have cleaned up. I still made the final table with no difficulty at all, with just one lucky hand (a low-end straight that promoted to a flush over a nut straight -- okay, it was a straight flush, which caused the poor schnook who went all-in against me to stick around and railbird me for a while, but really, any flush would have beat him just as easily)

Yeah, we all hate the kid in school who had his semester project finished a month in advance, but you should always take advantage of human forgetfulness and outside interferences when you can. After all, you don't have any choice but to take the hit you're on the flip side, and real life keeps YOU from playing a tourney you registered for.

[Edited because I remembered it was PokerNOW, not Empire]