Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 06-04-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: 25/50 Hand vs. Spirt Rock

[ QUOTE ]
Anything from AT, knowing hero has a bigger ace and who thinks his hand just improved dramatically...to the boat thinking hero will bet the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

But is he really afraid of hero folding a flush/bigger ace here getting 3-1?
Old 06-04-2005, 04:16 PM

On the river, all in is like 1/2 the pot.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On the river, all in is like 1/2 the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I'm an idiot.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:29 PM

I like it. Nh.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What possible winning hand can SR be checking on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

He either has a huge hand, or a very weak one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he check-call the turn with a "very weak" hand, and make no attempt to steal the pot on the river? Or perhaps a better question might be, what do you consider to be "very weak" in this case?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking a mid Ace.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:35 AM

how do you interpret his check/call on the turn? im trying to figure out what hands it makes sense for. if he has you beat on the turn i dont get why he wouldnt push given the board and the amounts of money left. could he have something like Ahxh/QhJh/JhTh that he was just kind of screwing around with on the flop that turned into a strong enough draw that he wants to try to keep from getting raised off the pot? the reason why the turn call seems a little odd to me if he just has a weaker A is because he is getting such a large % of his stack in the middle that i would expect he might commit to the hand and push if he thinks you have a weaker A or are bluffing and fold otherwise. maybe im off on this. would you expect him to call with something like AJ with the expectation that you will check behind on the river?

on the river i dont get how he can have you beat and not be betting. whether you made your draw or had a hand already it has to look to him like you have a hand so checking to induce a bluff doesnt make much sense. if he had you beat before the river i dont see how he wouldnt push the turn. if he made his hand on the river i dont see how he doesnt bet so it looks like the most likely scenario is you are winning and he is folding.

were you planning to call a push on the turn? river?
Old 06-05-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
were you planning to call a push on the turn? river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming he was because he's only pushing on the river if he wants a call. SR isn't going to fold an ace here getting 3-1 on his money if he thought it was best the whole way.

edit: that means, yes, I think he would call a push on the river. on the turn, I don't know. probably. but i guess I would just let him answer that...
Old 06-05-2005, 05:02 AM

this obviously comes down to reads and knowing your player, but given the history between the two of you and given his aggressive style, did you consider checking behind on the turn and then calling any bet on the river no matter what?

seems like a good way to induce a bluff vs. an aggressive player who "pushes you around post-flop" frequently.

you just calling the min-raise and then checking behind shows a lot of weakness and i think there is a greater chance that he will bluff at the river if you check behind, and it will be harder to get paid off by a worse hand if you bet the turn.

smooth calling a check-raise in position and then firing the turn is a HUGE sign of strength.
that being said if he had you beat i think he insta-pushes river due to the fact that you obviously like your hand.

which once again reinforces the validity of checking behind on the turn, just as long as you are committed to calling any bet on the river regardless of the card that falls.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:30 AM

You need to have a very strong read that he might put you on a bluff and call whit a marginal hand (like AJ) to make that push.

I really like riverboatking's analysis of the hand.

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2005, 01:16 PM

why didnt you just rereaise all in on the flop. for the 1400 extra you got you gave him two draws to beat you which it looks like you would pay off.
plus maybe thats why he pushes you around. you dont stand up to him. here is the spot to do it.