Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2003, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Gaming Club: I honestly am disgusted by this

I agree,

It's ludicrous.

Mr GamingClub man, if you read this, which I'm sure you or someone will, get rid of this infernal and ridiculous policy. What a turn off! I'll play elsewhere if a site carries on a policy like this.

dogs
Old 12-07-2003, 09:53 PM

Default PS

If they send me an email about mentioning the name of another site, that is at least as bad as having a table observer warning.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:04 PM

I had the same observer (Pokermgr26) warn someone in my room the other day as well. Someone was asking if it was always this slow (it was during a freeroll) and said he usually played at Stars. That's not advertising to me, it's a conversation.

I was in the midst of turning the conversation into one about the reasons to play at The Gaming Club when Pokermgr26 broke in, causing me to drop the whole idea. There was no way anyone could say something good about the site at that point without looking like the biggest shill in creation. People were so lagged that they were getting "you have 10 seconds to respond" messages when in the blinds, autoposting. That's not the time to be nitpicky.

I intended to email TCG management with my complaint, but I screwed up when cutting and pasting the chat. In my opinion, Pokermgr26 should be out of a job tout de suite.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:13 PM

Stars also have this policy, but they don't usually have someone watching except at the end of big events.

Paradise censor the words of some site names, and you don't even know they have been censored. (The line of text shows on your screen but not others..... I also believe they have lowered the number of censored words in the last few months, it used to be a lot)

Many smaller sites censor the names of the larger ones.

The only site I believe to be 100% censor free with regards other sites is Ultimate.

(There may well be a couple of smaller ones)

Lori
Old 12-07-2003, 10:53 PM

Default Re: PS

Back before Party was even number 2...someone mentioned Party signup bonuses at Paradise, and was summarily asked to leave...not chat blocking but GO...

When I told the CEO at Party, he said of course he didn't like to see a lot of advertising for other sites, they were not going to ban someone for mentioning other sites.

The distinction you have made between discussion of sites and solicitation is a valid one. The thing "regulars" forget is that the sites pay a lot for "newbies" who do not know about any other sites.

I agree that having pokerroom manager show up and "warn" players and threaten chat revoking is definitely less desirable than players deciding when a player crosses the line. Good point.

Surprised a public "calling out" is more offensive than a private comment...wasn't thinking email...more like TruePoker where host can say something privately.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:57 PM

I do not doubt that you are right for non prop players, but I was told quite clearly that as a prop there shouldn't be mention of other sites...and understandably so.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:00 PM

For a long time at ACR they had something in their software that censored certain words, including names of some sites and swearwords. However, it was a bit faulty in that it censored the string of letters in question even if it was embedded in aother word. As a result, my name: Fraubump, which contains the letter string UB was censored anytime anyone addressed me and the person was told to stop using offensive language. This was the source of much hilarity at times.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:13 PM

ROFL...that feature was put in place during the time when UB2 or whatever the semi affiliate program was called...partially in response to player request to stop the spam...I am sure ACR didn't want it either, but I believe it has been removed, so you are no longer Fra__ump...or was it Fra**ump, or just plain Fraump?
Old 12-08-2003, 01:01 AM

DUBYA PLEASE TELL THE NAVY TOO DROP OFF A FEW ON THE WAY BYE.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:30 AM

i have been very impressed with TGC-guy's efforts on this forum to solicit input and with the OIC etc etc...but this bit is really weird. i am not on TGC yet but am tempted to go there now and strike up all sorts of conversations that would bug MGR26....

"nh.... guess it was in the stars"
"wow...playing here on TGC is simply the Ultimate"
"yeah....if i could get cards like that i might throw a big party"

"my wife and i went to this island PARADISE in the PACIFIC. PARTY by day and a million STARS at night."