Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 05:17 AM

Default Money you dont lose....

A friend and I are having a disagreement about one of Mike Caros Tips in SS2 and I hope to get some input from some others.

Tips #2 states: Money you dont lose buys just as many things as money you win. Page 125 in Super System 2

Interpretation 1: This is advocating the use of stop loss techniques.

Interpretation 2: This is encouraging ideal play at all times.

I can post more info about the article or about the arguements, but to try and keep it unbiased I will leave it at that for now.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Money you dont lose....

[ QUOTE ]
Interpretation 2: This is encouraging ideal play at all times.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is it. Caro NEVER advocated the use of stop/loss techniques. He means this to be true especially when you are card dead or suffering from miraculous bad beats and might be tempted to play too loose in an attempt to recoup. It is closely related to his law of least tilt.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:14 AM

The only time Caro comes even close to advocating a stop/loss system is when he talks about the pain threshold. If you've lost so much money that you no longer care if you lose even more you should quit playing for the night for obvious reasons.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Tips #2 states: Money you dont lose buys just as many things as money you win. Page 125 in Super System 2

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the other two (so far) posters' interpretations on this argument. I think the main point of this tip is that good players *make* money by folding hands poorer players would continue playing. I think this is an excellent point, and the right mind set to have regarding folding hands.