Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Make This Call?

Local 120p dog track card room mtt, top 9 paid, 20 minute blinds. New player in seat #1, never played against him but he's a known solid player. We're just back from break and starting level 5, 100/200.

Vilian T1800
Hero T3000

I hold A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t800, </font><font color="#666666">6 folds</font>,<font color="#CC3333">Button calls t800</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

I know I probably had no business making the pf call, but I'm here now...pot T1900

Flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises all-in to t1000</font>

Hero?

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero calls
Vilian shows QQ
Turn is Ah
River is 6c
Hero donks in a nice pot? </font>
Old 09-09-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Make This Call?

you're getting 3:1.. since you're here i call and hope he shows QQ instead of AJ.
But even if he showed you a set of jacks.. you're a 3:1 dog and getting the odds to call.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Make This Call?

Sure, why not? At that point anyway. You know you're behind but you knew you were behind preflop. Why would you call with ATs preflop if not for a flopped flush draw? if you spike an A or T on the flop you won't know where you're at, but at least here you have a draw to a winner plus either your A or T will be an extra out, likely JJ would check raise heads up, so either you're against an overpair and your A is good or AK/AQ and your T is good along with your flush draw.