Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2004, 11:44 AM

Default Greektown starts spreading baby No Limit

So I was out there Saturday, and they are now spreading 1 table of $50 min/$100 max buyin No Limit.

The blinds are 1-2, and they charge $6/half hour instead of raking the pot.

I heard a couple of people saying that the game was stupidly tight with a majority of the bets being $2.

I'm not sure how beatable the game is at $12/hr + $9 in blinds per 30 hands (about 1 hour's worth). $21/hr to break even at $100 max, 1-2 blinds seems like it might be hard.

It's only the 1 table right now, so I didn't get to play it. I'd at least give it a shot someday for kicks.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Greektown starts spreading baby No Limit

I've been frequenting the 2-5 game, I imagine the 1-2 game will play like a bunch of 5/10 people who have watched too much tv poker....I bet once the stacks get deep enough you could make a killing. What would really be nice is if greektown started regularly spreading the 10-25 game they have on fridays, which would attract all the rock-solid players, and then leave room for people like me in the 2-5 game....do you go frequently? It'd be nice to meet some 2+2ers there...
Old 12-13-2004, 11:52 AM

I was there Saturday, but when I discovered that the wait list had 25 people ahead of me I just left. I'll be going there tonight at around 8 P.M. (5-10) limit. I didn't know they got baby no limit now. Interesting. Though they should raise the max buy in to $200.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:18 PM

Foxwoods has a similar game (1/2 NL with a $100 max buy-in) that is very beatable despite a $5/half hour time charge. Lots of people in that game have only seen no-limit on TV and have no idea how to actually play in a cash game. $6/half hour is pretty steep and, if the players are tight, I don't know if its beatable. I'll be in the Detroit area around Xmas so maybe I'll check it out to compare.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:54 PM

I agree that they should spread the $1000 min buyin (10/25) game more often to pull the massive stacks off the $100 game. Right now, there's really no difference since many people sit at the $100 with a ton of chips.

I try to go twice a month (weekends I don't have my daughter), but it doesn't always happen.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:56 PM

25 people for which game?

Next time, call ahead and get your name on the list. You've got an hour to get to the desk, and it can save a ton of time .