Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Paul Phillips Bluff

About a recently deleted thread, Paul Phillips said, "...one who doesn't sweat my departure from 2+2..."

Pretty pretensious, don't you think? 2+2 will survive without you or anyone else who decides to go. I, like many others, enjoy reading your posts and insights. I'm sure the "Paul Phillips Haters" that you say will be happy to see you go feel that way because of your immaturity, not because of your poker skills or willingness to share some of what you've learned or experienced.

You probably don't care about that. Fine. I just thought I'd call you on your self endulgent bluff. You won't leave, because you love the attention.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Paul Phillips Bluff

...and people wonder why more pro's don't post on these boards more regularly...

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-09-2005, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About a recently deleted thread, Paul Phillips said, "...one who doesn't sweat my departure from 2+2..."

Pretty pretensious, don't you think? 2+2 will survive without you or anyone else who decides to go. I, like many others, enjoy reading your posts and insights. I'm sure the "Paul Phillips Haters" that you say will be happy to see you go feel that way because of your immaturity, not because of your poker skills or willingness to share some of what you've learned or experienced.

You probably don't care about that. Fine. I just thought I'd call you on your self endulgent bluff. You won't leave, because you love the attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? I was just about to make the same post!! He's not going anywhere.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:51 AM

Any chance you could provide more context? I don't even understand what the hell you're talking about.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:54 AM

Barron,

Why should there be two standards? If anyone else posted his nonsense about taking their ball and going home, we'd all say good riddance.

There's a saying in professional sports about behavior, "act like you've been there". All this "colorful" behavior we see on TV and read about on this forum is crap, and more people should call it as such rather than excuse it simply because on a given night the cards ran well for someone (or poorly, for that matter).

[ QUOTE ]
...and people wonder why more pro's don't post on these boards more regularly...

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2005, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why should there be two standards? If anyone else posted his nonsense about taking their ball and going home, we'd all say good riddance.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this were the MTT forum, you might be right. Unfortunately, it's the WPT/TV forum. Call me crazy, but I think there is some value in having someone who has played a few WPT final tables posting on the forum. The difference between PP's posts and Acehigh1974's posts, besides being infinitely more well reasoned and coherent, is that PP usually has some solid first hand experience with what he's discussing.

How you can't see that is beyond me.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:34 AM

I have this bad habit of calling people on their stupidity. I never questioned his worth as far as poker is concerned, as a matter of fact, I stated that I enjoy his insights. It's his sanctimonious tirades that I can do without.

I can also do without the "he's a pro so lets worship him and forgive him his transgressions" sucking sound I'm hearing.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Paul Phillips Quotes From Other Thread

Post #1:

I see the entire thread I began this morning has been deleted without explanation. Another proud day for the moderation nazis. On the off chance anyone sees this before the drooling enforcers trip over themselves to remove it, the moderators can [edited by Dynasty].

Post #2
It had a subject line something like "2005 WSOP TOC" and in the neighborhood of 50 posts. It was there until at least a couple hours ago. I tried the "show all posts" feature for a couple people who posted in it but they have all vanished down the memory hole.

I guess there is at least one more moderator out there, one who doesn't sweat my departure from 2+2. Ah well, I'm sure the cheers are deafening in some parts of the stadium.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Paul Phillips Quotes From Other Thread

And some direct comments. It is the "Moderation Nazis" that are trying to keep this forum useable and uncluttered as well as more friendly so Pros might want to stop in. They hold the same standard for any poster, and Mat Sklansky decided that the thread should be removed for what ever reason (I never saw the thread itself).

If Mr. Phillips was so concerned about his wisdom being removed, why not ask what was offensive rather than whinning about it and then attacking the moderators?

There is no question that Paul Phillips posts usually have value for the community. I'd guess of his 300 or so posts, the majority are of good quality. But those people who have been choosen as moderators probably have over 40,000 posts and even if 1/10th of them are quality ones, that's still over 10 times as much value as what Paul has offered.

Not to mention they spend their time going through posts to remove the garbage.

They shouldn't be attacked when they remove a thread for what ever reason. I'm not saying don't question, just don't be an idiot about it.

Paul was an idiot in this instance. I didn't think it would be popular to call him on it, but then I didn't think many people were going to stand up for Dynasty and the like without also having their own agenda.

That is why I posted. I appreciate the moderators efforts AND I appreciate Paul's wisdom that he shares here.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance you could provide more context? I don't even understand what the hell you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone once in a while someone flames PP and whether he deserved it or not he more or less says, "it's people like you that make me want to leave, blabla. I'm done with 2+2, blabla." And then gives it about a week before posting again. You can add me to one of his flamer's list. He left for 2 days.
Closed Thread