Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Heads up play against TAG

The opponent here is TAG 18/9/2.5
What do you think of the flop/turn moves? Are there advantages in other lines for instance betting the flop right away?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (11.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB
Old 09-01-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Heads up play against TAG

like it alot- win the most against UI overcards, maybe fold TT, plus you have the BDFD and ~5 outs if behind anything except AA.

i'm so glad you bet out that turn instead of c/r, the 3-bet is sooo much sweeter! his KK is going to be so pissed. (i'm guessing that's what he has though any premium pp will do).
Old 09-01-2005, 06:03 PM

I would have bet the flop. Not sure if it's right. I like leading the turn, since even though he's been aggressive, the board pairing can't make him feel that good, and I wouldn't want it checked through. I could be convinced pretty easily that a check-raise is better, though.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:10 PM

postflop looks great, but I think this is an easy raise PF.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
like it alot- win the most against UI overcards, maybe fold TT, plus you have the BDFD and ~5 outs if behind anything except AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense. We are behind more than AA though -- AJ and JJ. I tend to go for a c/r with TP, but maybe I should start including it on MP HU vs. a raiser. I tend to think only about the possibility that I'm ahead right now, and probably discount the possibility that I take the pot down right now, and the good possibility to improve if behind.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:16 PM

yeah that's true i forgot those hands. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 06:35 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Respondendo a:</font><hr />
I would have bet the flop. Not sure if it's right. I like leading the turn, since even though he's been aggressive, the board pairing can't make him feel that good, and I wouldn't want it checked through. I could be convinced pretty easily that a check-raise is better, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

After his flop 3bet (against a check-raise), do you really think he will check behind the turn? Given his play I believe we can put him on an overpair many times and expect him to think our turn bet is a stupid bluff, raising and letting us 3-bet. If he is very passive, there is a risk he will only call down so then check-raise could be best.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:40 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Respondendo a:</font><hr />
postflop looks great, but I think this is an easy raise PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't know, I am only raising it from MP and later!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After his flop 3bet (against a check-raise), do you really think he will check behind the turn? Given his play I believe we can put him on an overpair many times and expect him to think our turn bet is a stupid bluff, raising and letting us 3-bet. If he is very passive, there is a risk he will only call down so then check-raise could be best.

[/ QUOTE ]
You seem to be contradicting yourself here. Against this villain, the correct play has to be to bet the turn. I think he'll raise it most of the time, maybe 75%.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:30 PM

Can someone tell me what the benifit of the flop c/r is? Im guessing that it is connected to the fact that a TAG is going to bet this flop close to 100% of the time, even when he misses. Is this correct?