Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Play along A9s 3/6 6-max

I think I'm gonna go with call here. If we raise Button will either 3-bet and blow everyone out or fold. If we call Button may raise and we can 3-bet to get more bets into the pot with our TP + Flush draw.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm gonna go with call here. If we raise Button will either 3-bet and blow everyone out or fold. If we call Button may raise and we can 3-bet to get more bets into the pot with our TP + Flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh...it's 6max. They're probably not folding anything for 2 more bets that they'd call 1 more with. And they probably aren't folding anything for 1 more.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:26 AM

I could probably make a damn good argument for just calling on this flop (and I love to call) but I still raise here since we have too much equity to pass up a sure thing.

Brad
Old 08-31-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If we knew Button was aggressive I might advocate some fancy play & smooth call BB's bet, hoping to 3-bet a raise by the Button. But since we don't know his aggression level & can't count on a raise if he has a big ace, let alone if he doesn't, I go ahead and get the raise in now.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is what I was thinking. However....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A call/3-bet would be so sweet....
Old 08-31-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is easy so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is an easy hand, but there are 2 decisions that I think are somewhat close.

Are you talking about raising the flop here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm talking about raising the flop. You've got the best hand far too often and I don't think Button is slowing down if you raise and he has AK/AQ (he'll 3-bet usually), so this gives you a great chance of getting it capped with everyone tied the pot.

If this were live play and you could look to your left and see Button counting out the chips for a raise, well, I think you could go for a call-3bet. But I like the easy approach here.

Rob
Old 08-31-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could probably make a damn good argument for just calling on this flop (and I love to call) but I still raise here since we have too much equity to pass up a sure thing.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think our equity is? I'd estimate 45-50%?
Old 08-31-2005, 12:32 AM

Ok, sounding like people like raising the flop. I think that's probably the best. With a better read, I like calling and 3-betting... but I didn't know if he'd be aggressive enough to raise when donked. Next decision.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets all-in ($3.35)</font>, Hero...
Old 08-31-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

About 55% 4-ways.

Rob
Old 08-31-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah at least. I would figure about 50% in this spot.

Brad
Old 08-31-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, sounding like people like raising the flop. I think that's probably the best. With a better read, I like calling and 3-betting... but I didn't know if he'd be aggressive enough to raise when donked. Next decision.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets all-in ($3.35)</font>, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise. You're going to get a chance to reraise when BB has a flush and 3-bets you (JsTs-ish), and he won't drop when he holds a lone [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] very often. He'll also rarely fold an Ace.

Rob