Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 01:50 AM

Default ATs against Steaming LAG

Villain is 94/19/3.5 Has played virtually every hand in his 20 hand session since he's sat down. He doesn't speak and has taken a load of crap for being in every pot from the rest of the table. I figure he has dropped down from above to raise havoc and blow off some steam and have been waiting to iso him. How's it look to you?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB

~
Old 08-01-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Re: ATs against Steaming LAG

yes, good job.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:58 AM

nh
Old 08-01-2005, 02:43 AM

I don't understand the problem here...Given your read, these are exactly the right moves to make...Did he show you a boat or some such?
Old 08-01-2005, 02:45 AM

Villan show Q9,79 or JT?
Old 08-01-2005, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the problem here...Given your read, these are exactly the right moves to make...Did he show you a boat or some such?

[/ QUOTE ]

LAGs stay LAGs because they're all total luckboxes dude [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2005, 04:11 AM

Personally, I don't 3bet the river here. Even Lags can catch straights and boats. That's the trouble with people who play every hand. They could have absolutely anything at any time. How do you put someone like that on a range of hands?

I've said it before but I hate playing against people like that. They always seem to take my money and distribute it to everyone else at the table. If my money is going to be passed out to everyone I'd rather do it myself. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2005, 09:48 AM

Default My Lesson Learned - Once again

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I don't 3bet the river here. Even Lags can catch straights and boats. That's the trouble with people who play every hand. They could have absolutely anything at any time. How do you put someone like that on a range of hands?

I've said it before but I hate playing against people like that. They always seem to take my money and distribute it to everyone else at the table. If my money is going to be passed out to everyone I'd rather do it myself. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My lesson learned was to always be reading the board. Every once in awhile I get burned. LAG turned over a Q9o for the straight which I totally missed. Became so convinced I had this guy I overplayed my hand looking to take him for every bet I could.

In hindsight, the river three bet was a mistake. I should have really looked at the board. SSHE says to always know the nuts. Between the trip T's with the A kicker, and the nut flush draw I went gonzo and lost the basics.

~
Old 08-01-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: My Lesson Learned - Once again

good analysis, my opinion based soley on the prior reads wo/ the results were that you need to slow this kind of hand. I would say lag i would say maniac based on your description. Its hard to put an idiot like this on a hand, but he gets hot ones at least as much as you do...
Be careful 3 betting or caping anything, maniacs are notorious for maximizing profits when they are on the nuts and being losoe but not totally dumb other hands. What I mean here is that if your not beat that becomes a 2 bet, and if you are, he takes it to 4, and he can ebcasue of his horid reputation.
cdl