Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Multi-way pot with a flopped straight-flush draw

That flop isn't nearly as strong as one might think. However, it is a scary flop for others, so a push MIGHT just take it down on the flop.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:13 PM

I don't understand why you and some of the others just assume you have so many outs. With so many people in the pot, can't someone already have a higher flush, leaving you with one or maybe two outs? I think there are a lot of hands which have you beat here. Of course I don't play the $10s, so maybe some donk will call you with just the A of clubs or just a 10. But even in those cases you aren't a big favorite, so I don't think I push here.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you and some of the others just assume you have so many outs. With so many people in the pot, can't someone already have a higher flush, leaving you with one or maybe two outs? I think there are a lot of hands which have you beat here. Of course I don't play the $10s, so maybe some donk will call you with just the A of clubs or just a 10. But even in those cases you aren't a big favorite, so I don't think I push here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, there might be monsters under my bed too, but I still sleep.