Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 02:37 PM

Default 5/10 6max - Turned trips against resistance

Hello all,

5-10 6max PartyPoker. Villain is 23/10 rather good for what Ive seen. I think he thinks I am weak tight donk cause he followed me at another tables , was aggressive but folds after seeing resistance from me. Ok here is the hand : Any comments about turn call ? And what about river action ?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($1825.60)
SB ($1265.25)
BB ($619)
Hero ($1672)
MP ($751)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
Hero calls $10, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $35</font>, Button calls $35, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $25, Hero calls $25.

Flop: ($145) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $90</font>, MP folds, Button calls $90, BB folds.

Turn: ($325) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $180</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $360</font>, Hero calls $180.

River: ($1045) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $500</font>

Best wishes
Old 10-14-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: 5/10 6max - Turned trips against resistance

Considering what you've said about your image, I think there's a significant number of times where you see K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] here.

The more I thought about this one, the more I confused myself. It seems like you can rule out almost any hand except a bluff here. A set doesn't check the flop or raise when he turns a boat. A weaker ace doesn't fire again on the river after you've indicated that you're holding an ace, too... unless he thinks you're REALLY weak-tight. So we've got it narrowed down to AK, AQ, or a bluff. I would expect AK to raise this flop, and AQ prob checks behind on the river.

Damnit, I'm useless. Call and hope for the best!
Old 10-14-2005, 03:39 PM

I think this is an easy call. Looks like Villain is value betting Ax and I think you are ahead more than 25% of the time here to justify the call.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:10 PM

I think he has a boat here a lot. If you didn't have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] it might be closer.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he has a boat here a lot. If you didn't have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] it might be closer.

[/ QUOTE ]So with a flopped set and a turned boat on a suited board he checks the flop and minraises the turn? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]So with a flopped set and a turned boat on a suited board he checks the flop and minraises the turn? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. People who assume villains play well can lose a lot of money. And to be honest, this isn't exactly a scary board. Hero led into villain on a board with an A on it. Unless Hero has exactly A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] he probably isn't too happy getting raised, and this is easily a flop that the original raiser could raise a flop bet on, so why should hero bet with just a flush draw?

Then on the turn, villain has a boat, minraises to juice up a pot. Sounds about right for a boat.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:46 PM

You still call the minraise and c/c the 1/2 pot river bet, though, right?
Old 10-14-2005, 10:01 PM

Default RESULTS

I folded.
I thought he was sure I had A, not many people try to bluff out sb from trips, he coldcall preflop raise, he is not a fish. Chances that I have him outkicked are small. I think he had fullhouse or maybe AK. If it was a bluff its good one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Too weak-tight ?