Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Waking Up

Every night I set my alarm for about 8 hrs after I sleep. Every morning it goes off and I get up to turn it off or set it again for another time. It seems that I can't wake up after sleeping once and that I need to sleep at least twice before I can wake up. Anyone else have this problem, and/or anyone know what I can do to solve it?
Old 09-15-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Waking Up

[ QUOTE ]
Every night I set my alarm for about 8 hrs after I sleep. Every morning it goes off and I get up to turn it off or set it again for another time. It seems that I can't wake up after sleeping once and that I need to sleep at least twice before I can wake up. Anyone else have this problem, and/or anyone know what I can do to solve it?

[/ QUOTE ]

couple questions:
- do you have a regular sleep schedule? what is the std deviation on your go to bed time?

- what sort of substances do you take on a daily basis? prescriptions, caffeine, alcohol, and weed especially.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:27 PM

Set it for seven hours and then hit snooze a couple of times.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Set it for seven and a half hours and then hit snooze a couple of times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-15-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

couple questions:
- do you have a regular sleep schedule? what is the std deviation on your go to bed time?

- what sort of substances do you take on a daily basis? prescriptions, caffeine, alcohol, and weed especially.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sleep probably from anywhere from 1AM to 5AM and I only take vitamins (C, multi, glucosamine/chondroitin/msm, calcium). No alcohol or drugs and rarely caffeine.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:57 PM

if you're lazy, you just stay in bed. you don't want no money, you don't want no bread.

i have about 5 alarms going off, all around the room, and they go off at about 1 minut intervals, so by the time iv'e turned one off, and got back into bed, another one goes off. very annoying, but it is very effective.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:04 PM

I have a somewhat similar situation.

I usually get about 6.5-7 hours and then take the train in to work. I'm usually exhausted in the time between waking up and getting on the train, and the few minutes on the train before they check my ticket. Then I nap for 25 minutes on the train ride. I arrive at work feeling much better.

If I slept 25 minutes more though, and not on the train, I'd still feel exhausted.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i have about 5 alarms going off, all around the room,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have 5 alarm clocks, but i do have one by my bed and one across the room on my dresser. It does help me get moving if i keep on having to get out of the bed and turn it off. Getting up in the morning and getting work on time is one of my biggest problems... I'm not 100%, but it is alot better than it has been in the past. I also have one in the shower to know when i have to get out to be dressed and out the door in time to make it to work. anyway, i want to a nap now. 2 1/2 hours left, before i can go. more coffee...
Old 09-15-2005, 04:35 PM

If you have a weekly exercise routine, and work your body hard during each session, you will naturally want to fall asleep.

Your body will get more out of each sleep cycle.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else have this problem, and/or anyone know what I can do to solve it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually go back to sleep after I take my morning shower :C

In middle school, my mom got an old wind-up, scary fire-alarm sounding clock and put it across my room so I'd have to get up to make the badness stop. This worked for me, as did forcing myself get up when the alarm went off.