Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 02:32 AM

Default UB bonus

Couple days ago I deposited at UB for their 20% bonus. I've played ~600 hands of .5/1 6max to clear about $12 of the bonus so far.

Problem is I think the interface/software sucks. I'm not sure I can stand to play there long enuf to clear the bonus.
There are not as many tables availble as there are at stars but the ones that are available seem to be pretty ripe (so far.)

My understanding is the bonus doesn't expire. So I'm wondering if I shouldn't go somewhere else and come back when I'm ready for a higher limit where it might be easier to clear the bonus. Or maybe just leave period and let them keep the damn bonus. Did I mention I think the interface sucks?

Any suggestions/other opinions?
Thanks.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: UB bonus

The bonus doesn't expire. you can leave it uncleared for as long as you want. IMO, the software is great, but I don't play there without a bonus because the games are all rock gardens.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:01 AM

I always hear that UB is a rock garden, but I hardly think that's true. It's just been repeated enough that people think that.

Most games going right now have over 6BB pot averages. The average player might be a little more passive, but the games are certainly not populated by rocks.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:04 AM

I have that opinion because I've played tens of thousands of hands there, not because I've heard it a lot. The games are still profitable without bonuses, just not as much as the other major sites, so I have no reason to play there without a bonus.

I'm not sure what limits you play, but at 3/6 and 5/10 LH, the typical players numbers are about 12/5/1.5. I have a few regulars in my PT that have VPIPs less than 10 after over 3k hands. That qualifies as a rock in my book.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:08 AM

The "bonus" on UB basically just cancels the rake; it isn't really a bonus like a lot of other sites give. That said, I think the software is hands down the best.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:24 AM

Not to start a flame, but I'll prop bet that the average VPIP of 3/6 and 5/10 is >12% on any evening.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:58 AM

I can't believe ya'll like the software. Maybe I'll get used to it after a while. I also don't like having to run the hand history grabber to load PT.

I've only played 600 some odd hands at .5/1, but i've seen very few customers w/vpip less than 40%.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:18 AM

At this level the bonus basically performs as a rakeback type thing more than a real bonus, so if you hate the site I'd probably say screw it and leave it, itll be there either way.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:42 AM

UB's Bonus is one of the worst out there clearing rate-wise, this side of Full Tilt's bonus.

It never expires, so you can leave it there in case a nuclear bomb or two goes off and wipes out the sites that give better bonuses. I have about $1,100 in pending bonus at UB that I'll work on only as a last resort.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:47 AM

The bonus will clear faster if you start tables (you get extra points for being the first player at a table for the entire time you are at the table -- 25% extra, I think) and if you play 6 max (just because of more hands/hour).

Starting 6 max tables is probably the fastest way to clear bonuses at UB, but even doing that the bonus clears very slowly unless you are playing 2/4 or better.

If you don't like the interface and the bonus doesn't seem valuable to you at the limits you want to play, you might as well try somewhere else for now -- there are plenty of other sites to choose from.