Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 11:26 AM

Default WPT: players that will never make final table again

After watching probably the worst display of poker last night, i began thinking. how in god's name did danny ngueyn(sp?) or the doctor make it to the final table? a) danny will never ever make it to another final table again and i will bet my car on that one! i mean the calls he made were just aweful. raising allin with nothing is fine, but calling with nothing is just plain dumb. he somehow luckboxed his way into first. b) the doctor is not as bad of a player as danny, but there were a few very suspect plays that make me wonder how in the f**k did this guy make it to the final table...ie when he folded q10s on the button when he had a healty stack. also, calling gus's all-in with aq when the board was 982 rainbow. that is just plain horrid. he of course luckboxed his way out of that one as well. if i ever seen either one of these players at a final table, i will probably just shoot myself. because a world that lets those two idiots make it to a final table is not one that i want to live in anymore...lol

ps. last night had some of the worst beats that i've ever seen. bad players win with bad beats...ie danny ngueyn
Old 06-09-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: WPT: players that will never make final table again

[ QUOTE ]
After watching probably the worst display of poker last night, i began thinking. how in god's name did danny ngueyn(sp?) or the doctor make it to the final table? a) danny will never ever make it to another final table again and i will bet my car on that one! i mean the calls he made were just aweful. raising allin with nothing is fine, but calling with nothing is just plain dumb. he somehow luckboxed his way into first. b) the doctor is not as bad of a player as danny, but there were a few very suspect plays that make me wonder how in the f**k did this guy make it to the final table...ie when he folded q10s on the button when he had a healty stack. also, calling gus's all-in with aq when the board was 982 rainbow. that is just plain horrid. he of course luckboxed his way out of that one as well. if i ever seen either one of these players at a final table, i will probably just shoot myself. because a world that lets those two idiots make it to a final table is not one that i want to live in anymore...lol

ps. last night had some of the worst beats that i've ever seen. bad players win with bad beats...ie danny ngueyn

[/ QUOTE ]

Those runner-runner sevens were amazing.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:31 AM

247-1...i probably would have torn the deck in half after that one. worst beat that i have seen outside of the internet.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:42 AM

I didn't think some of the doctor's folds were as bad as everybody here seems to think they were. He had maniac Danny right behind him itching to throw chips into the pot with little or nothing at any time. He also had enough chips to wait out some of the shorter stacked players and move up in the money. His call with A-high against Gus was atrocious, no question, but some of his preflop folds seemed more conservative than outright bad.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:53 AM

i think you are right as far as folding some hands when a maniac is behind you, but at some point you need to make a stand.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:57 AM

No, I agree with you too. Overall, I think he played ok, especially because the table was freakin nuts. He was playing the right way against that table. By only playing strong hands, he drifted into second with a good shot and beating the stiff he was facing. I mean, he got in his money quite well against him. His giant mistake of course, which he got lucky for, was calling a giant 800k with AQ high. That was abysmal.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:59 AM

how bout that damn kid swaying back and forth making stupid faces, and noises...he made me sick to my stomach
Old 06-09-2005, 12:14 PM

I think y'all are being a bit harsh on the Doc.... he obviously had never been in that situation before and I think he did very well considering the maniacal nature of the table. When Gus Hanson is a calming factor to the pace of play you know its pretty crazy.

As for the 800k call of Gus with AQ- well, what would you expect Gus to do to you in that situation? Try to blow you off your hand which is what the Doc probably thought so I can't fault him too much for that one.

The doc was pretty cool... a statue, but pretty cool.

regards,
Tim
Old 06-09-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the 800k call of Gus with AQ- well, what would you expect Gus to do to you in that situation? Try to blow you off your hand which is what the Doc probably thought so I can't fault him too much for that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can. It was one of the worst calls I've ever seen.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:18 PM

That guy who kept making faces made me want to puke as well. I think that he has about hmmmmm 0 chance of ever making it to a final table again. He was a complete tellbox. How other pros didn't destroy this kid is beyond me...maybe he was just really lucky all tournament. That kid wouldn't even stand a chance at my own home game.