Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: I just played Daniel N in a TV headsup match....and WON!!!

Looks like they're on HGTV in Canada, and Discovery Home in the US.

Kevin...
Old 05-05-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
..it got quite competitive, Dan N trash talked me a bit to throw me off, but in the end i had him out chipped 1750 - 250, when i look at A3 suited and go allin preflop.

He calls with AK....i hit a 3 on the board and win. To my surprise, daniel seems momentarily genuinely pissed about both me winning , and the suckout if you will on the final hand that he spikes the cards on the felt and yells DAMNN.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to buy this on dvd and make it my new video avatar! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] j/k
Old 05-06-2005, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
More fuel for the fire: Dan N. is into interior decorating.

[/ QUOTE ]

boy thats a surprise
Old 05-06-2005, 02:48 PM

Wow, maybe daniel isn't as good as he thinks he is. Sure it was for fun. But by his reaction he was trying to win. He's da man but he can't beat one of his fans? especially at 25-50 blinds and 1k in chips. Would look like easy work to me.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:02 PM

lol...

i don't think im easy work, thanks for the confidence lol.

although i must say i think daniel did underestimate me. I told him i am primarily an internet player, and he doesnt really hold them in hi regard.

Furthermore, he also admitted that evry poker player EVERY one, thinks they are better than they actually are...so we are all guilty of that.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:24 PM

I wasn't saying it as a knock on you. My point being you are supposed to be easy work for someone who is claiming to be one of the best in the world. Even if you were a very good player. But most likely you are not very good as you ddint claim to play for a living or anything. Again i guessyou could be. But still should be easy work for a man of daniel's ability. Or so he claims of his ability.

Don't feel to bad he ddint hold you in high regard. daniel doesn't hold anyone in high regard except for himself and his pal jennifer harman. So he can get brownie points.

This statement may be true. But some are in deeper delusions than others. Like i may think i'm better than i am and think i'm better than that unknown over there. Where daniel will think he is better than most on the planet. And i'm referring to live games. In reality there are many solid pros in the middle limits that play limit holdem for example much better than daniel. How can i prove this? well i can't becasue daniel never played these guys or grinded out his living like these guy's have. He has made most of his money from tournaments. But its a good guess that they play better becasue they have been making a living doing it for years while daniel was rich form tourney's, then broke from live games, and then looking for loans. You see as much as he wants to believe he is great, and wants the public to believe he is great. The real truth is he is just another player who has enough money to play high when it comes to live games. Jmo.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:26 PM

i didnt take it the wrong way, and i agree, to Dan i should have been very beatable, and if we did the same thing 100 more times he'd likely win more than i would.

i don't think he was implying anything about me in particular, but just about internet players playing in big live tounreys.

Anyways, i invited him to my place for a rematch in the renovated basement once its done and he agreed he'd try drop by when he's in town. Apparatly his brother lives in my area as well.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
daniel never ... grinded out his living like these guy's have. He has made most of his money from tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) wrong
2) you don't know that
Old 05-08-2005, 01:39 AM

Maybe he doesn´t consider live 10/20, 20/40 for two years grinding..

With a bold statement like the above, this guy obviously knows it better..
Old 05-08-2005, 12:42 PM

it is up on his blog
[ QUOTE ]
I was doing a Canadian show called Designer Guys. One of those makeover type shows where they remodel somebody’s house.

Gord got me there on time and they were shooting from a very trendy new hot spot in Toronto called, “The Lobby.” The idea behind having me there was that one of their clients wanted to have a poker themed basement so I was there to help with some ideas. The client, named Rav a “semi-pro” player from Toronto had no idea I’d be there. He thought he was just meeting the Designer guys to talk about the project.

They had a table set up, complete with chips, cards, and a dealer. Before Rav got there I busted the Designer Guys a couple of times, but of course it was all just play money. When Rav finally got there I had my back turned so he couldn’t see me. He exchanged greetings with everybody, and then sat down next to me.

He did a little double take, and then said, “You’re Daniel Negreanu!” Of course, I already knew that J We played for a little while and the piece went pretty well overall.

[/ QUOTE ]