Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: *Official* WPT Borgata Poker Open thread

I want to excuse myself for not reading through every reply here, but I just got fed up.

About slowrolling, I can see how ppl think its a "scumbag" thing to do, especially online, I hate it online too.

Live is completely different to me, having a lock, or close to a lock is a perfect time to try to pick up physical reads on your opponent(s). Allinsituations occur so often in tournament poker, that reading skills are of major interests, where's better to get it than when u have a locked hand and can carefree study his behaviour?

I will never slowroll online if not players start acting, then I might try to pick up some "reads", live I will do it whenever I know I will face the same opposition another day.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:58 PM

I have nothing against Daniel Negreaunu and he'll easily agree with me saying that David Williams played superbly except for two key hands. I did, however, feel that Daniel was slowrolling a little bit after he hit his set of deueces with A-2o. He may have misheard David but I'm pretty sure he heard him clearly and wanted to just make a statement because David probably bullied with his big stack a lot more than the WPT may have shown. Now the final hand where Daniel wins with the pocket aces, David pushes all-in when he makes top pair on the flop and once again Daniel says something along the lines of "What was that?" and calls. It's all part of Daniel's playful nature but David looked a bit irritated, who wouldn't be.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Where was Annie (the Borgata Babe poker dealer)?

As looks-conscious as WPT/Steve Lipscomb is (as evidenced by how often he uses Evelyn Ng), you would have thought that he would have made damn sure that Annie got some major TV time as a dealer.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:37 PM

amarillo slim has been known to deny saying he was all in (or make a comment indicating he was all in but never officially saying it) so i guess is best to make sure.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Ariehs on tilt after daniel showed the Qd

Well put!

This 2+2er certainly doesn't think he would 'outplay Phil' later [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Frank
Old 03-18-2005, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

watch the bay 101 event from last year and listen to how they refer to/describe chris moneymaker.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay?

edit- i just realized what you are talking about. i remember hearing he won the "world championship of poker" or something along those lines.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:13 AM

agree with curtains.
he wasn't THAT slow.

5-10 seconds on a $500k decision is fine by me. He was just trying to think it over for a couple seconds to make sure.
Also....knowing you're about to win the whole thing can kind of mess with your brain I suspect.

I've played in chess tournaments where I have taken longer to make more obvious decisions in games where NO money was riding.

To me slow-rolling means really dragging it out intentionally in order to humiliate the opponent (or provoke them into showing their hand first).
I assume that the stuff they said about Daniel and David being friends was correct.
I don't think there was any intentional slow-roll here....and frankly the thought didn't even really occur to me when I was watching the show.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:07 AM

Default Re: ON the DN slow roll

There was another hand where Danny made a 10 high flush and David had called on the river. Daniel said "10 high..Flush." David had the 10 high straight and VVP commented that Danny was needling David by saying 10 high first, so that David would think it would be chopped.
From reading Daniel's blog, it seems as David and him are somewhat friendly. Who doesn't like needling a friend once in awhile? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm gonna start slowrolling on purpose now that i know it bothers so many people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty. it will probably earn me a lot more cash when all the retards go on tilt. hey maybe some guy will even assault me and i can cash in that way!

[/ QUOTE ]

If one of your poker goals is to bother people, perhaps you should consider making insults and personal threats, too.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Ariehs on tilt after daniel showed the Qd

One last word on the Ivey/Arieh hand:

I don't know if any of you caught it, but it looked like Ivey might have snubbed Arieh while making his exit. Ivey appears to make the rounds of the table, shaking hands, but skip Arieh. There is a brief shot of Arieh looking rather befuddled as Ivey leaves.

If you have it on DVR or Tivo, go ahead and check it out.

I suppose getting called and beaten by 33 in that spot could be annoying.