Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Broke my cherry on this one

Local live daily 15-30 game with the same cast of chracters. It's the last hand and, thanks to a nice run of cards, I've beaten it up pretty good. Try to overlook my pre-flop limp. It was for meta game reasons.

6 handed, folded to me and I limp in the CO with JTo. Button calls. SB calls. BB raises (TT-AA, AK-AQ). We all call.

Flop T 7 2r. SB ch's, BB bets, I raise, Button calls 2 cold, SB folds, BB 3 bets, I know I'm shot but figure I'll peel, Button now caps, BB calls, I fold. I'm drawing to runner runner.

BB is a TAG and has a big pair. Button is a weak tightie. He has 22 or 77. Period.

First time I ever folded for a cap after calling 3 bets. Not calling just 1 more bet there felt weird but made so much sense.

Turn K. Ch/call. River T. Ch/call. Button tables 22. BB QQ.

I would have raised pf on every other hand. I just limped for meta game reasons. All 3 other players were stuck, I had some racks and I play with them all the time and want them to come back tomorrow. So I didn't drop the hammer again on the last hand with a marignal one. I got hit with it.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Broke my cherry on this one

[ QUOTE ]
Try to overlook my pre-flop limp. It was for meta game reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]
Explain

[ QUOTE ]
6 handed, folded to me and I limp in the CO with JTo. Button calls. SB calls. BB raises (TT-AA, AK-AQ). We all call.

Flop T 7 2r. SB ch's, BB bets, I raise, Button calls 2 cold, SB folds, BB 3 bets, I know I'm shot but figure I'll peel, Button now caps, BB calls, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the fold.

[ QUOTE ]
I just limped for meta game reasons. All 3 other players were stuck, I had some racks and I play with them all the time and want them to come back tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me get this straight: you play less than optimally intentionally to hope to get the same money back tomorrow that you could have taken from them today? Their money is a limited resources -- press your edge when you have it.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So let me get this straight: you play less than optimally intentionally to hope to get the same money back tomorrow that you could have taken from them today? Their money is a limited resources -- press your edge when you have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a local club game that plays very similar to a home game. It's one table that plays up to 12 players. Players checking the river, showing each other they weren't bluffing, etc. I don't like it that way but, when in Rome....

It was the last hand of a very successful session and I took my foot off the accelerator with a marginal hand on the last hand. DS has even written about not check/raising bad players h/u to save them the embarassment. Something along the same lines here.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:19 AM

I've played these games as well. It's okay not to ram-jam 100%. No need to [censored] where you eat for a fraction of a bet's worth of value.