Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Hands from an EX-multitabler

A little background info:
Used to play real actual thinking poker, then I sadly became a multi-table whore. Finally this June I took the advice of this forum and stopped all the crazy 10 table crap and got back to poker. Best advice ever. I hardly ever posted hands before but am trying to change that bad habit as well.

All hands are 400 NL party 6 MAX. FWIW hands 2 and 4 deserve the most attention.

<font color="blue"> Hand 1 </font>

Villain has been overbetting pots. Way too aggro, no one has caught a hand against him yet.

Hero ($479)
SB ($441)
BB ($318.3)
UTG ($948.39)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font> - an bit of an overbet against UTG limper. Does anyone have a problem with this?

<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $16.
Flop: ($46) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $80</font>, Hero calls $459 (All-In), UTG folds.

Final Pot: $585

<font color="blue"> Hand 2 </font>
Background - I am going to have a hard time defending this play, but here goes. This was a very fast table, villain was taking large stabs at far too many pots, and following up with hefty continuation bets.

My image is rock solid.
BB ($400)
Hero ($388)
MP ($372.2)
CO ($400)
Button ($1289.07)
SB ($434.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $4. SB posts a blind of $2.
Hero calls $4, MP calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $8, MP calls $8.

(Fold preflop.... yeah yeah)

Flop: ($52) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $35</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $35, MP folds.

Turn: ($122) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $80</font>,
Hero calls $341 (All-In), CO folds.

more thoughts on villain and the turn later

Final Pot: $543

<font color="blue"> Hand 3 </font>
I think this play is acceptable

Once again my image is solid.

BB ($196.8)
Hero ($381.9)
MP ($206.4)
Button ($1013.79)
SB ($331.7)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
Hero calls $4, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $16</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $55</font>, SB folds, BB calls $35.

Flop: ($114) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $144</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: $258

<font color="blue"> Hand 4 </font>
CO ($0)
Hero ($399.3)
SB ($1352.2)
BB ($456.91)
UTG ($1082.07)
MP ($434.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $8.

Flop: ($30) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($30) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $65</font>, UTG calls $40.

River: ($160) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $115</font>, UTG calls $1005.07 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1280.07

Comments on all streets welcome.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Hands from an EX-multitabler

prob fold the flop in hand 2. everything else looks good.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:13 AM

I can agree with this, looking back I'm suprised I did what I did with THAT many people seeing the flop.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:12 AM

Hand 1, I think a flop call gives you more options. If you think he will bluff the turn OOP however, probably best to test him there and then. Also, if you think he's semi-bluffing or flat out bluffing (which I assume you do with the allin), I prefer a min-raise to let him put more money in with a weaker draw.

Hand 2, raise or fold the flop.

Hand 3 looks fine.

Hand 4, I don't think you're going to push him off much. If he's got a made hand on the turn and he's calling a turn raise of above the pot he's also calling a 2/3 bet of the river pot. If he's missed a draw, you've probably got him beat with A high..So I check the river. Turn bet is fine
Old 06-14-2005, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1, I think a flop call gives you more options. If you think he will bluff the turn OOP however, probably best to test him there and then. Also, if you think he's semi-bluffing or flat out bluffing (which I assume you do with the allin), I prefer a min-raise to let him put more money in with a weaker draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is too big at the point. A min raise to 160 leaves me with 299 for example but also re-opens betting to villain. Villain can call-push any turn. (say 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] comes on the turn and villain pushes....your action?.
Against this opponent I would call flop all in after the min-raise, but I wouldn't like it.)

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2, raise or fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought my opponent would call sometimes here if I raised. I wanted to see the turn. Most turns I check and see what opponent does.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 4, I don't think you're going to push him off much. If he's got a made hand on the turn and he's calling a turn raise of above the pot he's also calling a 2/3 bet of the river pot. If he's missed a draw, you've probably got him beat with A high..So I check the river. Turn bet is fine

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree now with checking the river, or betting significantly less to push off a miss.

At the time I had noticed a tendancy for opponents to fold to larger sized river bets and call much more often if I say bet $80 instead on of $115 the river. At least I had an easy decision after that.... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2005, 01:55 PM

Hand 3: Do you normally overbet with a made hand?? If you don't, I'm very suspicious. 1/2-3/4 pot should have gotten same result w/ less risk. Right?
Old 06-14-2005, 08:12 PM

Villain has $141 left on the flop.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:14 PM

Hand #4, I would've bet the flop, then checked the turn if called. You both have enough behind to call a sane flop reraise.