Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 04:41 AM

Default I played this like a little wuss.

The two people on my left are loose/passive. The 1 on my right is fairly loose and a little too aggressive. I dont know much about the BB.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (17.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

I should be capping the flop and betting/raising the turn, agree?
Old 09-03-2005, 05:00 AM

Default Re: I played this like a little wuss.

Fold preflop dude.

On the flop, I think you're drawing to running J / spades, and and possibly an A might bail you, but I don't think you have enough equity to raise, so I call.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:04 AM

You've got a strong hand here, don't be afraid to cap it. The turn gives you a flush draw to the nuts and only more reason to get money in the pot. If you miss the flush and it's not an over card then you're still in good shape here.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You've got a strong hand here, don't be afraid to cap it. The turn gives you a flush draw to the nuts and only more reason to get money in the pot. If you miss the flush and it's not an over card then you're still in good shape here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pair of Js is winning this pot like never.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:16 AM

On the flop you've got TPTK, BDFD and an over card. You're sitting pretty nice and I wouldn't be too scared to cap. The turn hands you your flush draw and is pretty much a blank to this board. When you hit this flush you want to win as much money as you can. If you wiff completely on the river then yeah you'll probably loosing this to QQ or KK but just calling this down is weak.

I'd think putting in a raise or capping would be a value bet at this point.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:18 AM

Hmm, thats my 90th cold call in 25000 hands. Oh well.

Nah, think I'll just call the flop 3 bet. My ace or jack COULD save me but I dont like the heart redraw and strong AA or JJ possibility.

The turn bothers me. BB was obviously going for a check/raise. If I give myself even 10 outs thats 3.6:1 in a 5 player pot, I figure I have equity to bet out, trap the 2 in front, then reraise, I dont think anyones going anywhere.

Meh. that is cutting it a little thin.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:19 AM

Raise/fold pre-flop, probably fold unless you have a read on UTG+1 as being overly aggro pre-flop. If that is the case, you need to 3-bet to isolate and get it HU (or thin the field and charge a gallon of gas to play).

Not capping pre-flop is not terrible actually, as all BB has been doing is going full throttle this hand. He probably has an overpair and you are drawing.

I think a raise would be really thin, and only if you think your A/J outs are absolutely clean (they probably are not, but mostly good). Folding here would be absolutely horrible, though.

As an aside, BB is about to go for this:

-K