Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Where did this go most wrong?

No read on opponent- and I think i messed this up in so many ways. I guess the best place for me to get out would have been the turn...

He was on button and had about 80 dollars, I had $65 or so and was in the small blind. Blinds are .25/.50.
Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Several limpers then a raise from the button to 2. I made it 5 to go, he was the only caller.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

I bet out 7, he calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

I bet 13, he min raises to 26. I call.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

he pushes for my last 21....

Yikes, i messed this up.

(P.S. the hand converter seemed to only want to put in the cards, and no other information...)
Old 08-20-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Where did this go most wrong?

Smells like AT.

Against most opponents, I fold the turn. Turn is very cut-and-dry push or fold.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:00 AM

yes, turn is best place to get out. most guys don't minraise AK there and there really isn't any other hand you beat.

consider reraising a bit more preflop. the way it is, its barely more than a minraise. I would pop it to 8.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:15 AM

Probably should fold the turn. Against a preflop raiser with AA in the blinds, I make a really large preflop raise. Raise big enough to where his call is wrong....then you don't feel so bad about losing it if he flops perfect. I'd probably raise to at least 8, possibly 10 here. He has a hand he likes, but he may not like it enough to call 8 or 10, but if he does, you at least have a better idea of what he has....at worst JJ-KK, AK i'd say. You then have a better idea of what to do post flop. I'd guess this guy might have flopped Jacks full, or made kings full on the turn.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:15 PM

Ya turn is pretty gross, I fold. You're crushed by TT,JJ,KK,AQ, and AT, that doesnt leave a world of possibility for his hands.