Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Calculating pot odds in O8

I searched and didn't find anything on how to calculate pot odds. Say I have a A57K - all spades, and the flop comes A 2 3, with the 2 and 3 being spades. There are 45 unseen cards and lets say that a flush will give me the nut high. I do 45/7 since there are 7 spades left in the deck right? After I do 45/7 do I then divide that number by 2 since let's say I'm only drawing to the high? Also, is there any easier way to do this like in Hold'em where on the flop you can estimate by multiplying your outs by 2 then adding 2 to calculate the odds of your next card hitting.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Calculating pot odds in O8

can i get some help here
Old 11-03-2005, 04:53 PM

Who stayed in the hand pre-flop, who bet, and how much?
Old 11-03-2005, 05:06 PM

I think you're very confused.
You ask how to calculate "pot odds" and then you begin to workout how to calculate your odds of making the flush.

Pot odds has nothing to do with you making a flush. It is simply the amount you must call compared to the size of the pot. It's no different than in hold'em or any other type of poker.

Deciding to call based on your pot odds in where the difference between games comes in.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:12 PM

You’re better off asking odds questions in the probability forum if you question is “how often will I get the flush”. In this case, its easier to figure out how often the flush WON’T hit and subtract that from 1. So 1- 38/45*37/44

You can’t divide the pot in two if you are playing for half of it, since you are putting money in that the other half will get. Use .4 instead of .5

You can use the same holdem trick, but the numbers skew alittle more than in holdem (ie. need to multiply by slightly more than 2).

See my site for more info

-g