Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Inducing a bluff twice (3/6 FTP)

I was playing 3/6 over at Full Tilt when this hand came up. Sorry for no converter, doesn't work for Full Tilt.

Vil is 37.2/10.5/1.4
I took a big pot off of him a few hands ago when his flopped two pair was beaten my turned nut flush.

Hero in MP2 is dealt Ad10s
Vil is CO

Folds to hero, Hero raises, Vil calls, everyone else folds

Flop is Ah, 9h, 10c, Hero bets, Vil calls

Turn is Ac, Hero checks, Vil bets, Hero calls

River is 3d, Hero checks, Vil checks (oh well)

Was I wrong to check on the river? I wanted to c/r the river after just calling the turn. I thought I could have him fire another barrel. Turns out he had Jc8c, and neither his flopped straight draw nor his turned flush draw hit. In retrospect, he couldn't have called my river bet, but should I have put the bet out there anyway?
Old 12-20-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Inducing a bluff twice (3/6 FTP)

Seems like FPS.

I'd just lead the turn and hope to get in a three-bet.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:33 PM

I check raise the turn and not the river, since he could be looking for a free showdown with the bet, or on a draw. You have no guarantees he'll pay you off on the river if he misses, so get the raise in there on the turn. If he has a good draw (which he did), he'll call your extra bet.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:37 PM

I thought I might of been too fancy for my own good. Thanks for the tips.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:42 PM

Personally, I don't like the river c/r very much unless you really know your opponent. In this hand, the call on the flop dictates a hand that would probably not feel very confident betting the river, even though most hands would bet the turn after it pairs the A. If she raised the flop, and you check-called the turn, I'd feel better about the river c/r. As played, I think that even when you c/r the river, you would actually prefer your opponent to betting a hand worth a call, and not a complete bluff. The board is pretty scary, you are the pfr (more likely to have an A), and your opponent isn't likely to have another A.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:01 PM

Definitely FPS. Villian has shown no aggression here. Bet/cap turn and river as much as he'll let you. Likely he's calling all the way down regardless.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:57 PM

Will do in the future. I just bought SSHE and I like it so far. Hopefully posting here and reading that will reduce my FPS [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]