Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 11:34 AM

Default streaks

I'm fairly new to holdem, but did fairly well playing at low
limit games at the Bellagio and Wynn's. On line, I started
to do well playing 1/2 - 10/20 limit games - but then lost 80%of my gains! I played well for weeks, then had a bad period for weeks! Now I started to do pretty well in NL games
online at 1/2 or 2/4 levels - but again - the last few sessions it seems I'm losing every time. Is this normal? I'm reading books - all Sklansky series, Super System II,
and now Harrington's series (just finishing vol 1). I probably know more than the average online player - but
am puzzled by these streaks.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: streaks

Everyone goes through swings like this. Just keep trying to make the right decision every time and it should pick back up. You might want to drop down to lower limits to minimize your losses while in the down swing. Also if you drop down, you can try somethings differently and evaluate yourself after a few thousand hands for a lower price. Hope it picks up for you.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: streaks

It should be pretty tough to lose 80% of your bankroll if you are a winning player. In addition to reading about strategy, make sure you are practicing good bankroll management. Do a search if you are unsure about proper bankroll requirements.