Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Shamu\'s Large NFL Favorites Thread

I promised I would post every time I bet on a large NFL favorite so here it is. For those who haven't been following, read this thread: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

I'm trying to prove that it can be profitable over the long term by selectively betting on large NFL favorites at widely available lines.

I apologize for posting after the start of the game but today was a travel day after being at home for the holiday so I didn't get a chance to post earlier. If all you bashers want to pile on, then go ahead.

Today I took: Bengals -9

Sublime, is that a large enough favorite to count?
Old 11-27-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Shamu\'s Large NFL Favorites Thread

Rather convient that you made this post with cinci up 42-21 and 10 minutes left in the 4th qtr......
Old 11-27-2005, 05:10 PM

Actually it was 34-0 when the post was made, I'm kinda rooting for the comedy value here.

Lori
Old 11-27-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rather convient that you made this post with cinci up 42-21 and 10 minutes left in the 4th qtr......

[/ QUOTE ]
Notice how I acknowledged that in my original post? Anyways I guess it would be stupid of me to post something after kickoff and not expect some kind of insults slung my way. Anyways, this thread is only for bookkeeping purposes and if you read the original thread, I plan on keeping it going for as long as it takes and this is only the first play.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:42 PM

What makes this theory special from all the other moron homers who think the favs will cover every week?
Old 11-27-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Notice how I acknowledged that in my original post?

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed how you edited your original post to add that after I made my post, and please dont try to tell me it was always there...... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 06:18 PM

I am very very tempted to lock and/or delete this thread. Thus far, I am letting it stay purely for the comedy element. I can be convinced otherwise.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:21 PM

Today I took: Bengals -9

your a genius
Old 11-27-2005, 06:28 PM

I'm trying to prove that it can be profitable over the long term by selectively betting on large NFL favorites at widely available lines.

also, how long do you plan on posting these? since there are few favorites of > 7 each week and you are 'selective' it should only take 10+ years for your record to mean close to anything. so basically you will never 'prove' anything.

i had cincy this week also. in a teaser down to -2.5 along with indy, which is blindly +EV and clearly the best way to bet this side.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:55 PM

Whoa ok my bad guys. I guess posting a pick after the fact is pretty useless. If I had known people would be all up in arms about it, I wouldn't have done it. I realize that in an industry where deceit and scams are the norm, trust is hard to find, but believe it or not I really was just posting for bookkeeping purposes. But instead of trying to defend my intentions anymore and inciting more flames I just won't count that one and I'll start over.