Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: 2 Bind Defending Hands

Hand 3 is usually a fold for me preflop. The way it went down I play it the same.

Hand 4 I don't like as much. I think if you bet the turn you should fold to a raise. If you call the raise you should check/fold the river, especially when it's an Ace since Ax or 22,44,55,66,67,78 were the only things you were likely ahead of on the turn and your opponent was spewing if they played 67/78 this way. There's also a good chance the opponent checks behind on the river with a small pocket pair when the ace falls.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 - just complete preflop. A raise forces the BB out pretty much never so all you do is tie the three of you to the pot postflop. Your hand is pretty good but you have the worst position. Complete and then lead out on a good flop or cut your losses on a bad one.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time I believe I was thinking in terms of a raise and re-raise driving the BB out, but obviously I wasn't actually thinking. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I posted a couple of others in this thread, can you look at them please?
Old 12-22-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 - just complete preflop. A raise forces the BB out pretty much never so all you do is tie the three of you to the pot postflop. Your hand is pretty good but you have the worst position. Complete and then lead out on a good flop or cut your losses on a bad one.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time I believe I was thinking in terms of a raise and re-raise driving the BB out, but obviously I wasn't actually thinking. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe. Yeah if it's raised preflop you usually want to reraise or fold from the SB to get it heads up when you play. If the raiser is in EP/MP and then it's sometimes ok to CC since the BB is often close to dead money between the two of you (and you don't want to let the opener cap preflop). Against a steal raise you should pretty much always reraise or fold.

Against a limper I usually just complete and only raise the hands where I want more money going in preflop (monsters).
Old 12-24-2005, 09:03 AM

When he checks behind on the JT6 twotone board, then itīs often because it looks like a board that hits alot of defending hands and he doesnīt want to pay alot to get to showdown. Mostly he holds something that doesnīt benefit much be getting a cheap rivercard.
Hands like K5s, Ax, Q7s etc are common here.
I think you will win with a bet right there on the turn between a third and half the time, so Iīd bet it as I get 2.25:1 on doing so.
If he calls or raise, then you need to think about what kind of player he is.
My default would probably be check-call the river as he could have picked up a draw and probably dont bet weak pairs/A-high when I check, which means bluffs, like Qx or such become a fair part of his range.

gotta go, later.