Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Did I miss a value bet here ?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

No reads I'm afraid, UTGs first orbit

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Calls all the way and then wakes up with the straight on the board, surely only KQ would bet into me here? but if he has KQ why didn't I hear about it on the turn?
Old 08-10-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Did I miss a value bet here ?

raise, it KQ had it on the turn, looks like he is bluffing with the "nuts" on board
Old 08-10-2005, 06:20 PM

You might've missed a bet here. I'm guessing he decided to get cute with the straight on board, but I think it's pretty likely he has the Q.

I'd raise and just call a reraise. If he was getting cute, I think it would be hard for him to fold to your raise (since he'd have to worry that you were getting "cuter").
Old 08-10-2005, 06:21 PM

His play isn't consistant with a Q. I'm not usually a big fan of getting into raising wars when it is almost surely -EV (unless the rake has already been capped), but more power to this guy if he has a queen here. Goto war on the river.

Brad
Old 08-10-2005, 06:32 PM

You're likely ahead, but there isn't much need to raise. He's probably betting a queen. It's really more player dependent than anything else.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calls all the way and then wakes up with the straight on the board, surely only KQ would bet into me here? but if he has KQ why didn't I hear about it on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ is not even close to the only hand that will bet into you here. Any hand might bet into you here depending on the player. At this limit at Party, my guess is that a great many, if not a majority, of players will bet into you while playing the board hoping that you will fold. He might have a lone Q, but you have two of them, so it's more than likely that you're taking the pot here. That's not even the half of it though, since players here are so bad at reading boards, he may very will think that his two pair is the [censored].

Raise and cap if you can.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:06 PM

I would raise this to a 3-bet. It is very unlikely chap has KQ, but if he does thats fine, just pay him off and move on - because most of the time, he doesn't.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:15 AM

Thanks for the input guys,

I wasn't sure about raising this with an unknown, but had it been my second hand against this guy rather than the first it would've been an easy raise for value, he flipped over AA here, leading to a bemused "WTF?" from me!

Mat
Old 08-11-2005, 03:27 AM

Raise. You hold the two of the four cards to make a bigger straight. He will pay off thinking you guys chop.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:27 AM

Definately raise this river. I really couldn't see KQ playing the flop like that without raising preflop and then slow playing after hitting on the turn.