Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Stupid Bellagio

"I will punish you by being down in your neck of the woods this weekend."

Bring it on, Sucker. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 03:24 AM

The irony of course is that I'm multitabling 100-200 as I write this. I just need to stop playing this big when my heads not in the game, so I tell myself I'm broke. I was hoping that publicly announcing it would help, but nope. My ego got in the way.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:30 AM

"The irony of course is that I'm multitabling 100-200 as I write this."

The defense rests. Literally. Good night.

Regards,
Andy

P.S.: Hope to see you Sunday.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:33 AM

Hi Bike:

In fairness to The Bellagio management, they need to establish rules which are long term good for the cardroom. That's what happened here in the sense that they would not spread this game at the limit that you were asking for.

The brush on duty did not have the authority to override these instructions. Thus from his point of view he was only doing his job as he was suppose to. I do agree however that if Doug Dalton, who is in charge of all poker at The Bellagio, would have been there at that time, he would have understood that your situation was an exception to the general rule and your game would have been spread.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-09-2005, 07:23 AM

hi BK, i agree with mason that its reasonable for the bellagio to deny spreading this game. they think its a good long term strategy not to spread low limit mixed games which is probably accurate and if they spread the 4/8 mixed game for you they are going to have to spread it for everybody once they find out they did it once.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:12 AM

not that this is directly related to the post, but i must thank the 2+2 crew for putting all the Bellagio regulars on long-term tilt after the magoofest weekend. i am still here and getting absolutely no respect at 30/60 from a number of them who see me as 'one of the kids that raises preflop all the f'n time' to quote one [censored] correctly. i'm sure i owe many of you a drink, stheif in particular...
Old 11-09-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was basically the impression of the management of the room that I got from being there. My impression of the Wynn floor is that they would've handled this differently.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Wynn was the shite. Although I was there twice I don't remember leaving either time. "Donkeys always draw, I am berating the fish because I am drunk and leaving soon"
Old 11-09-2005, 05:02 PM

"one of the kids that raises preflop all the f'n time'"

Well, I'm hardly a kid, and I don't play a lot of hands, but one of the Bellagio regulars once said to me, "You know, you can limp, sir, it's not against the rules."
Old 11-10-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never had a good experience with the floor at Bellagio.
Doesn't surprise me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not...the floor there is way too small. The back of your chair is constantly getting bumped from people walking through the narrow aisles cause they have so many damn tables in there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 02:14 PM

The reasons that I, and many locals of las vegas rarely play at bellagio are as follows...

1. Their daisy-chained triple+ must-move game system sucks majorly, particularly for 2-5 no limit. What every happend to "must move for the first hour?" I tell you what, that final game in the chain almost always SUCKS and I've never stayed in it for more than about 15 minutes.

2. their structure for 2-5 no limit sucks

3. there is a long to very long wait much of the time, particularly during the best times to play cards, like weekends and swing shift

4. (and this is the big one folks) their staff is often times not very friendly at all, and it's quite obvious that since they don't need your business, they're not going to bend over backwards very far for you (unless maybe you're one of their cronies who grease the right wheels). This is not only my personal experience, but the sentiment of many of my poker friends and acquaintances. Whether this is an "absolute truth" or not is debatable, but it's certainly a common perception amongst frequent vegas card players.

5. Unless you're looking for upper middle to high limit play, there are other places where you can get the same limits, equal or better games, be treated well, and not have to wait long.

To elaborate on number 5...

I play 1-3 or 2-5 no limit at wynn a lot. Despite wynn's problems, it's a pretty good room for these games, particularly if you are game selective. Wynn has also has 10-20 mixed games going a lot lately. 15-30 holdem is often available, as is 8-16 (but wynn uses $2 chips, which is a great idea that bellagio still hasn't wised up to).

Why any low limit player would go to bellagio is beyond me. Every room in town has tons of low limit games; 2-4, 3-6, 4-8 and baby no limit are everywhere.

No limit at MGM is almost always fish city, especially if you are willing to scout your game, getting a transfer is no problem, and there's rarely a long wait, even on weekends. MGM is spreading 5-5 no limit more and more these days as well. Limit hold'em games there rarely go higher than 4-8 tho*, but they get 6-12 and 10-20 going sometimes. The staff at MGM has always been great, particularly the swing shift management.

Mirage seems to still have the 10-20, 20-40 and 40-80 markets mostly cornered. I have a few friends who swear by their middle limit hold'em games. Now like the B, Mirage is sometimes very busy, with long waits. The primary difference between mirage and bellagio is that I've always LIKED the mirage, and almost every time I go to bellagio I remember exactly why I DON'T go to bellagio.

al

*I believe this is because they have too many small limit games that are too close together in stakes. In particular, there's little chance of starting a 6-12 game if there are two 4-8 half kill and a bunch of 3-6 games running.