Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Live 15/30 QQ

Here's one from a live session I played recently at Commerce.

Reads -- UTG is an older fellow, probably between 48 and 52 years old. He's got light grey hair and some obvious split ends. My read is that he's been using Suave rather than Aveda and it shows.

MP is a younger guy, probably 30 or 31. He's put on a few pounds and isn't carrying it well. It looks like he shaves both upward and downward, and his skin is worn and chapped. He would certainly benefit from a high quality facial wash and moisturizer, as well as better shaving products. He's wearing a pair of tapered jeans and a dress shirt and definitely could use a visit from the fab 5.

The Button is fairly attractive, and I feel comfortable enough in my masculinity to say so. He's wearing some nice Seven jeans -- boot cut, of course -- and an express suitjacket along with a vintage Ramones tee-shirt and a nice pair of Brooks Brothers shoes.

Now that I've gotten my reads out of the way, on to the hand.

UTG limps. MP limps. Button raises. The small blind (a man average enough and so devoid of style that I have yet to notice him) folds. I call in the BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] because I don't want to build a big pot, I'm out of position, and I think Button has AK at worst so I'm 50/50 against his range. I don't want to get married to my hand in case an Ace flops and it looks like I'm drawing to two outs.

Four to the flop for 8SB.

The first two cards of the flop is quite possibly the most beautiful thing I've seen. Better than the Broadway musical I took my date to last night. Maybe even as good as an Audi TT Quattro Jahrgang 2000. Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I'm getting my chips ready to checkraise. Then I see the next card. The T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button probably has me beat with AK. Damn.

I check -- UTG checks -- MP checks. Button bets. I call, hoping for the board to pair and that I can draw out cheaply. Both UTG and MP call.

The turn is the the blanketiest of blanks. The 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Check-check-check-bet-call-call-call. Again.

The river is the 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I'm not sure what I beat now. The pot is big, but I'm glad I didn't bloat it earlier. I decide to check intending to fold.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],
jason_TT
Old 12-26-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Live 15/30 QQ

[ QUOTE ]
a nice pair of Brooks Brothers shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

For shame.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:46 AM

I dont want to sound harsh, but this post sounds like a joke to me, Ive never heard of anybody playing QQ like this, good players or bad players.

Since Im genuinely worried that this post is some kind of inside joke, I am going to give short answers to every street so I dont waste to much of my time.

PREFLOP: 3bet, you have a big equity advantage in this situaiton so build the pot, if the people in the middle fold, thats great, if they call thats also great.

FLOP: You should be taking the Bet/3 bet line here in my opinion. You still beat AA,KK,AQ,KQ,AJ,KJ,AT,JJ,TT,99, not time to get passive.

TURN: Again you should either take the Bet/3 bet line or go for the checkraise. Checking and calling is out of the question. Atleast 2BB should be going into the pot by everyone who wants to go to the river.

RIVER: Either bet/call or check/call. Whatever you do, dont fold.

PS: Is shaving up and down really bad? Thats what I do [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a nice pair of Brooks Brothers shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

For shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Terrible.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:50 AM

nice.

(no offense to jason t, but very nice indeed)
Old 12-26-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nice.

(no offense to jason t, but very nice indeed)

[/ QUOTE ]
So this hand post was some kind of an inside joke! I'm retarded, I shouldve realized it. Thank God I have no life so I dont have to worry about the 2 minutes of time I wasted responding to this post.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:21 AM

Yeah, Westley, it's a combination of TT's fashion advice posts, and Jason's image of a nitty tight player. They're both metrosexual FWIW.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:47 AM

i dont get it. while the guy looks like a nit in person and is clearly in the rick n school of anal retentivity in terms of dress and demeanor, his actual play is laggy/good. for instance he raised utg w/ KTs and bet into calling stations the whole way unimproved only to be called by an A2o that snagged an A on the river and go ballistic on the guy. that's the jason t i met.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Westley, it's a combination of TT's fashion advice posts, and Jason's image of a nitty tight player. They're both metrosexual FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought TT's descriptions of the opponents was awesome, it really made the hand come to life. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2005, 04:50 AM

yeah so was this post a joke.. did you ever even say what happened?

confused..