Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Re: 30-60 flopped a set best line?

[ QUOTE ]
With a flush draw possible, a hand like JT possibly sitting on an open-end straight draw, and the already large pot, wouldn't you rather win it immediately. You might get several callers for one bet, and they would be correct to call with their draws. That's why I would go for the check-raise. I don't think this is a hand where you want lots of callers.

[/ QUOTE ]
The hands you want to fold aren't going to fold check-raise anyway. The only hands folding to a check-raise are the ones you want to call.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You make more ego-centric posts than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's quite a statement from coming from this exactly one year ago.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You make more ego-centric posts than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's quite a statement from coming from this exactly one year ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, it's a classic [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2004, 06:37 PM

Default Results thoughts...

My auto play here is to bet the flop when I flop a set from the blind and the raiser is in a late posistion. I dont care if the board was 5-6-7 of spades I would still bet. If I dont have the best hand I still have a likely 7 outer on the turn and 10 on the river and more likely than not im going to have the best hand. So I bet. 2 people called and then the Pre-flop raiser also called. Queen of not the flush suit came in the turn. I check and just like magic the first guy bets. Cool. The other caller called the pre-flop raiser called and I got to checkraise the field. Now the 2 orignial callers both folded. And the pre-flop raiser called. River was a brick and i got cocky and checked. He bet his 2 black aces I raised he called and collected his $75 for the aces always win promotion at canterbury on tuesdays. Good spot for a river checkraise I think, i dont use it very much but i couldnt resist.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Results thoughts...

I think that river check-raise is a loser. You need a dope like me to bet one pair when checked to after somebody trapped 3 people on the turn. Dopes like me are rarer than you think. He'll typically be glad the ordeal is over. People check the craziest hands behind me after they've put in two turn bets.

Free advice: Learn to check-raise your medium strength hands. Just get the nuts paid off.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:10 AM

hi worm
well, given the fact that you know the raiser cannot be depended upon to bet, but that he might be checked to and therefore this thing is in danger of getting checked down, that tidbit of info pretty much supersedes all else. checking may leave a lot of bets sitting there, so you must bet. now, you checked it worm, so let me take a look at the results if you've already posted, and see how you won. because you also won this one. but worm, you played it terribly. let me look.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:25 AM

Default Re: Results thoughts...

Hi worm,

I actually like your play, although I just would've played 'stupid' ABC poker in your case and bet out every street.
The preflop raiser seems like the weakness itself. No raise on the flop and no raise on the turn. I'm pretty surprised he bet the river, considering how he played the other street. I think it's cool to get cocky once a while, but his weakness makes me bet the river 100%, because he's more than likely to just check behind you.